User Interface Artist/ Graphic Designer
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1800 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
As a User Interface Artist at Ubisoft, you will be working closely with the other Artists, Design and Programming teams in prototyping and implementing the User Interface of our game.
• Video-gaming culture and interest in video-games development;
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design tools;
• Good Artistic skills (proportion, composition, color);
• Algorithmic thinking and interest in the implementation aspect of the User Interface;
• Interest in providing a good User Experience;
• Able to communicate clearly and work as a team player;
• Fluent in English, both in writing and verbally;
Nice to have:
• Previous work experience as a User Interface Artist in the software development industry;
• Relevant experience with any Game Editors will be taken into account;
• Familiarity with a node graph oriented workflow;
• Proficiency in Adobe Flash or any similar animation software.
It is mandatory to share the portfolio while submitting the application. Applications without portfolio won’t be considered.
• Work with the Design Team to determine the functionality and features of a User Interface;
• Deliver UI prototypes/wireframes/mock-ups for both Menu & HUD elements;
• Autonomously create UI Layouts using a set of internal tools;
• Ensure a smooth implementation matching the design and art intention, while closely; collaborating with the Programming team;
• Maintain quality, efficiency and consistency across your work;
• Efficiently balance the technical constraints while still staying true to the look and feel of the UI design and the overall art-direction of the game.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• If you're into sport we've got a great gym right into our studio;
• We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way. To get started we'll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like;
• If you get hungry you can use your meal tickets at our local cafeteria or even grab some of the fresh fruits that are available in the office each week;
• Since we value health you'll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months;
• If somehow you feel under the weather you can quickly go to our in studio doctor.