Junior Online Programmer
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Ubisoft Romania active.
Vezi toate job-urile Junior Online Programmer active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Hardware active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
At least one year of programming experience, ideally in a client-server environment, with bonus points for this being in the video game industry, or any other relevant experience.
Skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of C++ programming is required;
- Database programming knowledge in a SQL or NoSQL system like MySQL, Redis or MongoDB;
- Familiarity with debugging tools and methods;
- Analytical thinking, good problem-solving skills, team player, open mind;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with client-server architecture;
- Knowledge of networking protocols, web server technology and protocols, web services; peer-to-peer architecture are a plus;
- Being knowledgeable about the technologies and tools used in the video game production pipeline is appreciated.
As a Junior Online Programmer, you will be developing modern AAA Online game features, linking the players and the online server and services. You will work iteratively both in the back-end and in the game engine to ensure your features achieve the highest quality and scalability levels and fit multiple platforms (e.g. XBox One, PS4, PC).
You'll get the chance to collaborate with teams of designers and programmers from different worldwide sites in order to develop one of Ubisoft's major AAA titles.
- Design, prototype, implement and improve systems related to online gameplay from the backend to the game client;
- Ensure clear and structured implementation, keeping performance, scalability, availability and security in mind;
- Understand the online intentions of the project and collaborates with Game Designers to set out the technical possibilities for the various online features;
- Develop tools & monitoring solutions.
We pride ourselves with a wide range of benefits that you can enjoy:
- If you're into sport we've got a great gym right into our studio;
- We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way. To get started we'll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like;
- If you get hungry you can use your meal tickets at our local cafeteria or even grab some of the fresh fruits that are available in the office each week;
- Since we value health you'll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months;
- If somehow you feel under the weather you can quickly go to our in studio doctor.