Online Programmer - Technology Group Online
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1400 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field
• Minimum of 3 years’ programming experience with at least one year in online related projects
• Be able to learn Python within a 6 months period of time given the support of the current team
• Good spoken / written English
• Good communication skills
• Focus on producing quality work
• Pro-active and self-motivated
• Team player
• Ability to adapt to change
• Availability to travel for short periods of time, up to one month per year
Will be considered a plus:
• Previous knowledge of Python
• Previous leadership experience
• Knowledge about Agile methodology
• Docker experience
The Technology Group is the primary technology partner of game production teams. The Technology Group is composed of two sister teams: the TG, which is dedicated to developing tools and middleware solutions, and the TG Online, which develops solutions and manages operations for online gaming.
You will be part of the team working on Rendez-Vous inside Ubisofts’ TGO department from Craiova.
Rendez-Vous is a platform of advanced online services for creating innovative connected gaming experiences. It offers a full catalog of recurring online challenges but also can support custom service development.
• Compile and understand the online intentions and existing features of the project
• Design and implement features, APIs and test suites according to specifications and write proper documentation
• Work as a part of an agile development team
• Collaborate with other off-site teams to discuss constraints and technical possibilities for the various challenges
• Provide support to game teams who use the developed technologies
• Maintain a high software quality, find and fix bugs
• Medical services to keep you safe and sound
• Meal tickets to use them wherever you want
• Recreation rooms, bike rental service
• Fresh fruits that are available in the office each week
• Various training and knowledge sharing programs, both in Romania and abroad
• Access to most of our games up to date for research and fun
But most of all, we guarantee you’ll enjoy our atmosphere and working environment.