Online Programmer (AAA title)
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Ubisoft Romania active.
Vezi toate job-urile Online Programmer (AAA title) active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1800 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in client-server programming, ideally in the video game industry, or any other relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of C++ programming. Python programming experience is a plus;
- Experience working with networking protocols (UDP / TCP / Custom protocols), client-server architecture, web server technology and protocols, web services; peer-to-peer architecture is a plus;
- Database programming knowledge in MySQL; Redis and MongoDB are a plus;
- Being knowledgeable about the technologies and tools used in the video game production pipeline and TRC/TCR restrictions is highly appreciated;
- Autonomy, good problem-solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
- Fluent in English.
The Online Programmer will design and implement functionalities linking the player(s) and the online server/services.
- You will be responsible for creating, debugging, maintaining and optimizing the game's network and online services, and the related tools that are used for the game's development;
- You will work closely together with Game Designers and Gameplay Programmers from different worldwide sites in order to develop one of Ubisoft's major AAA titles.
- Design, prototype, and implement the connectivity services that will be offered in the game while keeping high scalability, availability and security in mind;
- Understand the online intentions of the project and collaborates with Game Designers to set out the technical possibilities for the various online features;
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind;
- Perform load tests, suggest improvements and optimize whenever necessary;
- Correct bugs found by peers and the quality control team;
- Ensure the smooth communication with the similar production teams worldwide (with both technical and non-technical parties);
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other job families) to understand how to use the new systems and features.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
- We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
- If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
- You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
- If you're into sports we've got a great gym right into our studio;
- Since we value health you'll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, representing one of the first companies to perform in this field, on the Romanian market. After a strong history of acclaimed titles, the studio moved into co-development, contributing to blockbuster games such as Assassins Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance. Today, the studio continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of amazing games that have a strong impact on players around the world.
At Ubisoft we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching players lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.