Junior Java Developer
Who are we?
We’re part of one of the largest banking groups in the world and we’re conducting its best IT projects!
Central Europe Technologies (CET) is an expertise Shared Service Center for BNP Paribas Group, subsidiaries serving 19 countries and we are continuously expanding.
Our offices are located in Romania, in Bucharest, Brasov and Cluj. The company brings together over 300 employees, with expertise in various technologies (Java, .Net, COBOL) and other operational roles (credit analysts, collection officers, System Expert administrators).
About our culture:
We are proud to create, maintain and develop strategic business applications for BNP Paribas Group entities around the world, while keeping a high level of service and providing added value to our customers.
Working in a multicultural environment, we encourage our people to develop their talents and skills, offering various career opportunities and internal mobility programs, within local CET teams or in other entities within the Group, both in Romania and abroad.
We value our employees’ experience by keeping a well-balanced environment with flexibility regarding the work schedule and care for everyone’s personal time. We embraced a hybrid way of working because we believe social connection always adds value to our day-to-day activities.
Diversity and inclusion are among our core values, as CET is an equal opportunity employer. Therefore, we are committed to ensure employment opportunities regardless of race, skin color, beliefs, religion, nationality, ethnic background, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or political opinions.
Your role will be to oversee the production of quality software solutions in accordance with the applicable best practices (maintainable, secure, documented, scalable, testable and in line with the business line’s needs), for the components and/or software segments assigned to you.
· POO concepts, data structures, design patterns, algorithms
· 1-2 years of experience in application development
· Good technical knowledge with both Java SE and Java EE / Spring
· Technical knowledge in building Java applications using Web services (SOAP / REST API)
· Technical knowledge in building web application using MVC framework
· Experience with Applications Servers (JBoss, Tomcat, WebSphere)
· Basic technical knowledge of security concepts (authentication, authorization, certificates, public and private keys, encryption algorithms)
· Experience with XML, XSL, XSLT
· Previous experience using AngularJS is a plus
· Basic concepts of GIT flow
· Languages: English (must) / French (nice to have)
Technical skills are important, but we believe soft skills are at least as important:
· You have an attention to detail and very good analytical qualities
· You showed good social skills, ability to integrate in a local team as well as in a remote team
· You are known to generate engagement of the team towards common objectives
· You show ability to encourage communication and collaboration between team members in order to meet the objectives
· You ensure that the results meet the quality standards set by department and BNP Paribas Personal Finance group
· You keep a constant clear communication with your team to inform them about the changes that impact the activity
· Your excellent communication skills effectively allow to manage demanding clients and to challenge them with the best solutions
· You speak English (oral and written) fluently
· You are described as self-driven & autonomous, self-motivated, able to suggest ideas, and show initiatives
· Keeping up with technical innovation is a must for you
· You enjoy working in a changing environment
· You are pragmatic, with a positive attitude
· You solved problems and you like that
· You can be available to travel abroad (not mandatory)
· Develop software that meets development and security standards, while incorporating data and security objectives
· Helps to optimize existing code and improve its maintainability
· Implements, from technical point of view, the allocated applications in agreement with the requests defined by the client and in respect with the development, quality and security standards existing in Central Europe Technologies (CET) and in the BNPP PF group
· Maintains the technical documentation of the allocated applications
· Proposes technical enhancements for the allocated applications
· Participates in the activity of developing applications, being involved in all phases of the project
· Creates and implements proof-of-concept (PoC) and present it to the team
· Has an Agile mindset
· Is actively involved in the development, continuous integration and interactive development
· Is responsible of delivering the source code and the applications by respecting the delivery requests. For example (these are not the only situations): writing of unitary tests, respecting the code quality standards, writing technical documentation
· Provides support for the testing teams in order to identify and solve the defects coming from the implementations done
· Maintains the allocated applications by analyzing and identifying the solutions needed to solve the production incidents
· Where applicable, collaborates with client employees from abroad and with external suppliers of the company, throughout the development activity
· Works from the headquarter or remote by using the client’s resources
· Troubleshoots the defects or incidents identified in the system