Junior Consultant - Energy Consulting
In Romania, EY has been a leader on the professional services market since its set up in 1992 and our over 700 team members in Romania and Moldova provide seamless assurance, tax, transactions, and advisory services to clients ranging from multinationals to local companies. Our offices are based in Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Timisoara, Iasi and Chisinau.
Joining EY places you on the cutting edge of business trends. From the very start of your career, you’ll see first-hand how they shape our world.
At EY we have a privileged perspective on business. We not only operate in over 150 countries, we also have insights into many of the world’s largest organizations and governments. This allows us to make predictions on trends which shape our future and change tomorrow in the process.
As the business world changes, can you keep the pace?
Find us on: www.facebook.com/EYCareersRomania
At EY Romania, we are expanding our Business Consulting practice. Due to this expansion we are seeking to recruit high achieving individuals to be part of our growing business.
Currently we are recruiting for a Consultant in our Energy team. We are seeking individuals with excellent academic background preferably with consulting / project management experience looking for a new challenge or individuals with industry experience (Power and Utilities / Oil and Gas), willing to further develop themselves as consultants.
The ideal candidate we are looking for is naturally curious in terms of being exposed to different types of businesses, industries, client issues and market trends. We expect the candidate to be an organized and structured person, which can quickly understand the background of an issue and get to the bottom of it, while formulating a spot on solution. Most importantly, we are looking for a person that really wants to make a difference and bring real value for our team and clients.
• Excellent academic background;
• Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
• Excellent, proven communication skills, both oral and in writing, in English and Romanian;
• preferably experience in either Management Consulting or internal consulting / PMO (if applied in energy sector, it would be a plus);
• Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Power Point);
Your client responsibilities:
• Carry out research and data collection to understand the organization/industry or any other specific topic as required for performing the project;
• Understand client issues and develop hypotheses of key problems;
• Interview the client's employees, management team and other stakeholders;
• Develop analysis plan and collect relevant data;
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to prove / disprove the problems;
• Collaborate with peers to develop the best solutions and ensure timely submission of deliverables;
• Prepare business proposals and presentations;
• Structure work products and deliverables;
• Present findings and recommendations to project team and client representatives;
• Provide support to client representatives for implementing the recommendations;
• Maintain a clean and structured workflow and project archive.
Your people responsibilities:
• Positive attitude and demonstrate willingness to learn;
• Work constructively with your team;
• Creative thinking, problem solving orientation;
• Self-motivated, desire to exceed expectations;
• Attention to detail, with a commitment to high quality and accuracy;
• Interest in the different fields of consultancy;
• Keen to deliver exceptional client service;
• Analytical mindset, strong problem solver, someone unhappy with the status quo;
• Ability to present conclusions and recommendations in a clear and concise manner, that is easily understandable by a variety of audiences;
• Highly flexible, including a willing to work away from headquarters (if the engagement requires it).
We offer you:
• Excellent learning environment, both on the job and through formal training;
• Work with a bright, friendly and energetic team;
• The possibility to develop as a versatile business professional;
• Competitive benefits package