2021 Discover Graduate Programme Technology
Every great brand stands for something and, at Vodafone, our purpose is ‘to connect for a better future’.
Vodafone is a leading telecommunications company in Europe and Africa. Our expertise and scale give us a unique opportunity to drive positive change for society. Our networks keep family, friends, businesses and governments connected and – as the COVID-19 pandemic has proven – we play a vital role in keeping economies running and the functioning of critical sectors like education and healthcare.
Working at Vodafone is all about helping people to benefit from the new technology and innovations. We bring the future to even the most remote places, using technology to help families in disaster zones, enabling access to digital for the vulnerable, connecting millions of vehicles to the internet and thinking about technology that doesn’t even exist yet.
Over 30 years ago, we made the first ever mobile phone call and sent the first SMS in Britain and have been changing the lives of billions of people ever since. In Romania, we are also carrying a long history of firsts – first mobile operator in Romania, first GSM operator to launch the short messaging service (SMS) and first to offer GPRS (2001), 3G (2005), 4G (2012) and 5G (2019) services – and innovations: we offered world’s first live hologram concert and, later, 4K holograms of Romanian mothers.
We believe being different is good. We can only leverage this diversity by building an inclusive culture where everyone is respected, can be themselves and strive to be their best. We do this through our maternity and parental leave policies, by empowering women through connectivity and improving access to education and digital skills for women, girls, and society at large. We are respectful of all individuals, irrespective of race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, belief, culture or religion. Your different perspectives help us to shape the future. At Vodafone, we are also taking significant steps to reduce our impact on our planet by reducing our greenhouse gas emissions by 50% by 2025, purchasing 100% of our electricity from renewable sources by 2025, and reusing, reselling or recycling 100% of our redundant network equipment.
The future is exciting. Ready?
2021 Romania Discover Graduate Programme Technology
What to expect:
• a personalized programme designed to satisfy your curiosity and hunger for knowledge. You can shape it yourself! • cross - functional rotations that finally lead to placement in your area of specialism. Two years, 3 rotations so that you can explore different areas and make an informed decision about your career
• paid trainee programme & our full support all the way, because we want to fulfill your potential and career goals
• build expertise in your chosen area such as Technology, Marketing, Digital, Finance, HR or Sales
What’s in it for you:
• working for an industry leading company that spans across different countries around the world • having business exposure and accountability from day one, we’re all in!
• the opportunity to apply for our two-year international assignment – Columbus
• you get a better understanding on how does the company work and get visibility on the existing opportunities
• you explore different business perspectives: from planning, to implementation and monitoring
• you interact with specialists from various areas and learn from them
• you get to interact with our leaders and get visibility at Senior Management Level
What are we looking for:
• fun and open personality
• creative, visionary and at the same time analytical and structured
• digital savvy, interested in numbers and data
• excited, energetic and even stubborn – why not? We’re looking for “outside of the box” ideas
• proficient in Romanian and English
• previous experience in NGO’s, students’ associations or any other extracurricular activities
• final year or recently graduated (within two years) University (Bachelor/ Master degree)
Our selection process
We are taking into careful consideration all of the applicants. We want to make sure that our future Discovers have the will, motivation and potential to make a difference. That’s why our selection process focuses on identifying these things The good news is we’re here every step of the way, just reach out and your questions will be answered!
First step: you have to apply for this programme in order to let us know that you’re interested in Discover. Please make sure that your CV is in English.
Second step: show us your strengths by completing our online challenges:
• Abstract Reasoning Test with 24 questions. This section has a set time limit (20mins)
• Situational Judgement Test with 15 questions. This section has no time limit, so take as much time as you need to
think through your answers.
Third step: show us your true potential during our assessment centre – this is when you get to meet us, live the Vodafone life for a couple of hours and complete both a group and an individual test.
If you want to apply for Technical Discover click here
And voilá! You’re about to discover yourself. Ready?