This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Ubisoft Romania active
View all jobs Online Programmer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internship active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Our online programmers play a critical role in ensuring millions of players are simultaneously immersed in a seamless, rich, game experience which they can enjoy with their friends from wherever they connect.
As a member of a game development team, the online programmer is involved in a variety of missions such as:
- Participate in the creation of new online services related to a game
- Develop, integrate and maintain global online platform services such as Matchmaking, Leaderboards, etc.
- Participate in figuring systems’ behavior under normal or simulated peak load conditions to optimize performance
- Make optimization in function of bandwidth constraints: reducing the amount of information transmitted, decrease latency, etc
- Identify and solve down issues
- Implement and use predetermined replication systems
- You have already graduated or will be graduating in 2021 from a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent and have less than 1 year of experience (excluding internships and apprenticeships)
- You have a good understanding of Software Development fundamentals: analysis, implementation, optimization, debugging
- Your C++ programming skills are excellent
- You have some knowledge of server programming and database programming (MySQL, Redis, etc)
- You understand scalability issues and replication concepts
- Understanding of other programming languages such as Python or Java is a plus
- Some knowledge of distributed systems and online services (i.e. guilds, trade, etc) is a plus
- You are proactive and have strong problem-solving skills
- You are interested in video games and online gaming
- You can work well both autonomously and within multicultural and cross-disciplinary team. Your interpersonal skills are an asset for cooperating with multiple job families
- As we are an international company, you are fluent in English and geographically mobile
As part of the Ubisoft Graduate Program, you will benefit from a full-time working contract for both years.
Deadline for application -> March 14th, 2021
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our players’ community.