Our online programmers play a critical role in ensuring millions of players are simultaneously immersed in a seamless, rich, game experience which they can enjoy with their friends from wherever they connect.
As a member of a game development team, the online programmer is involved in a variety of missions such as:
- Participate in the creation of new online services related to a game
- Develop, integrate and maintain global online platform services such as Matchmaking, Leaderboards, etc.
- Participate in figuring systems’ behavior under normal or simulated peak load conditions to optimize performance
- Make optimization in function of bandwidth constraints: reducing the amount of information transmitted, decrease latency, etc
- Identify and solve down issues
- Implement and use predetermined replication systems
- You have already graduated or will be graduating in 2021 from a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent and have less than 1 year of experience (excluding internships and apprenticeships)
- You have a good understanding of Software Development fundamentals: analysis, implementation, optimization, debugging
- Your C++ programming skills are excellent
- You have some knowledge of server programming and database programming (MySQL, Redis, etc)
- You understand scalability issues and replication concepts
- Understanding of other programming languages such as Python or Java is a plus
- Some knowledge of distributed systems and online services (i.e. guilds, trade, etc) is a plus
- You are proactive and have strong problem-solving skills
- You are interested in video games and online gaming
- You can work well both autonomously and within multicultural and cross-disciplinary team. Your interpersonal skills are an asset for cooperating with multiple job families
- As we are an international company, you are fluent in English and geographically mobile
As part of the Ubisoft Graduate Program, you will benefit from a full-time working contract for both years.
Deadline for application -> February 28th 2021
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our players’ community.