Graduate System Integration Engineer
Who we are
We create the technology to connect the world.
Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing. We adhere to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. Nokia is enabling the infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things to transform the human experience.
What we do
We are shaping the future of technology to transform the human experience.
We are the heart of the connected world -- building extraordinary networks, devices, software and ecosystems. We continually reimagine technology to meet society’s many challenges and opportunities, making communities smarter and more sustainable, transportation safer, enterprises more agile.
We keep an eye towards how our technology impacts people -- putting them in charge of their wellness, experiences, choices, lives, and the way they collaborate and explore the world around them.
Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing.
How we do it
We have one of the industry’s broadest portfolio of information and communications technology, software, services and licensing.
We are different from our competitors in many ways, but one in particular sets us apart – we have one of the industry’s most comprehensive portfolios and the experience to match in Mobile Networks, Fixed Networks, Nokia Software, IP/Optical Networks and Global Services.
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic person with good communication skills that is eager to learn new technologies.
Telecommunication Basics and proactive to learn various Technologies of 2G/3G/4G and upcoming 5G
OSI-Networking Layers and Protocols used in Telecom
Good Understanding on IP and Networking
Basics of Unix/Linux commands
Basic scripting language expertise (Shell script, PERL, Python, Ansible) and J-Meter would be added advantage
Certification in Cloud Technologies, Cisco, RedHat would be an added advantage.
Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment with international peers
Organizing, planning and initiative taking skills
Pro-active way of thinking
Innovative spirit, quick learning ability
Education: Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
Candidates must have fluency in English language (written and verbal)
Supported by an experienced mentor, the candidate will:
Participate to solution design tasks, deployment, integration and acceptance activities in customer projects
Make required configurations for the features, deployment support of Mobile Networks (2G, 3G, 4G & 5G)
Understand Telecom Network Core, how it evolves around various core sub-systems (e.g 3G, Subscriber Data Management, VoLTE)
Willingness to innovate, be a continuous learner and contributor
Contribution by development of scripts/automation tools for repetitive tasks
You might be working in the following areas:
Solution Design, Integration & Testing
Networking Troubleshooting using tools such as Wireshark
Virtualization (OpenStack /VMware)
What does Nokia offer you?
• Market-competitive salary based on your skills
• 3 annual bonuses (Performance, Christmas and Easter)
• Meal tickets + extra food allowance
• Monthly reimbursement for Sport, Wellness, Culture activities, Kindegarden/After-school expenses
• Annual reimbursement for Dental/Eyeglasses/Lenses costs
• Public Transport/Private Parking monthly allowance or bike/electrical scooter annual cost reimbursement
• 24+ paid vacation days-off
• Flexible time and teleworking
• Private health and life insurance
• E-learning platforms such as NokiaEDU, Harvard ManageMentor, LinkedIn Learning etc. at your disposal for certified technical training and personal development
• Everyday Excellence – Employee Recognition Program (awards can be redeemed via our online store)
• Share in Success - Nokia’s voluntary employee share purchase plan
• Personal Support Service (PSS) – free access to confidential and professional support and guidance on a range of emotional, practical and work-life topics
• Events and conferences on technical matters but also on well-being at work and other general-purpose subjects
• Access to Nokia Garage innovation space where you can express your technical creativity and implement new projects with support from local community
• Relocation package for Timisoara non-residents
• One of the highest employee referral bonuses on the market so you can bring your friends too :)
If you want to take part of this adventure that will shape the future, join us. Apply now!
If you have any questions, reach out to Alexandra Rotaru on LinkedIn.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.