Chapter Lead for QA Automation
The Customer Engagement & Lending Area is looking for an enthusiastic Chapter Lead for QA Automation - a tailor made role for passionate engineers proud of their craft, solution-focussed and broadly developed. Keys to success: positive can-do mind-set and they live the Orange Code Behaviour. Besides a passion for IT, Chapter Leads have strong people management skills.
The Lending Tribe has the purpose: "Make complex lending simple". The Tribe is accountable for the end-to-end seamless Lending Client Journey. The solutions we design, develop and maintain are both in-house built.
The IT Chapter Lead:
- Is accountable to identify and fulfil IT knowledge gaps within the tribe ensuring that Tribes/Squads are qualitatively properly staffed.
- Stimulates the Chapter members towards continuous improvement of their skills and the area of expertise as a whole.
- Encourages and stimulates employees to take responsibility for their own development and employability.
- Coaches individual Chapter members, both regarding expertise related skills and behavioural aspects.
- Propagates a culture that fits with the agile way of working and is a role model
- Determines, together with the Chapter members, the way of working in his/her IT Chapter and sets standards for the area of expertise.
What will you do
You hierarchically oversee a chapter of 5-7 engineers, including ‘people management’. This covers the recruiting of new talents, administration, personal development, and evaluation of your Chapter members. You inspire and encourage your Chapter members to develop themselves, providing them coaching on both the professional as well as the personal level. This could be part of your personal development as well, if not fully familiar with it at this point in time in your professional career.
In short, your key responsibilities are:
- Being an ambassador for cultural change and a role model in terms of the new Agile Way of Working: ensure continuous learning based on feedback, taking into account the different backgrounds of people across cultures and geographies
- Sharing passion and expert knowledge in your field of expertise
- Highly proficient at helping the organisation structure complex engineering issues, aware of different development methodologies, end-to-end testing, Identity and Access Management, IT Risk control, Infra provisioning, Change Management, CI/CD
- Encouraging and facilitating people in the Chapter to continuously develop themselves, both personally and within their area of expertise, so that they remain up-to-date in their field of expertise.
Who are you?
You are a driven and passionate IT engineer with an interest in people. You are ambitious with what you and your Chapter want to achieve. You stimulate your Chapter members towards continuous improvement of their skills. You encourage and stimulate them to take responsibility for their own development and employability. You are a coach to individual Chapter members, both regarding Chapter related skills and behavioural aspects. You bring positive energy to the Tribe and have very good social and communication skills.
The chapter QA Automation is seeking a leader. The experience we need you to bring to the table:
- 7+ years testing experience using the Software Development Lifecycle and across the Full Testing Lifecycle;
- 5+ years experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C# and VB.NET;
- Intimate understanding and experience of functional, regression and acceptance testing;
- Proficient in REST & SOAP API Automation using Java;
- 5+ years experience in Selenium WebDriver automation;
- Knowledge of common programming patterns or technics (e.g. singleton, builder, MVC, dependency Injection, or anything else defined in GoF);
- Comfortable with HTML, CSS, XPath, XML, Json, SQL, Docker and Jenkins;
- Knowledge of Cucumber and TDD/BDD methodologies;
- Experience with GIT and Maven;
- Experience with agile software development methodology and practices;
- Knowledge of JUnit, Hamcrest, Spring and Appium frameworks;
- Knowledge of one or more databases including but not limited to: Oracle, SQL Server and SQLite;