Summer Technology Internship Programme
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs LSEG Romania active
View all jobs Summer Technology Internship Programme active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internship active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) is a global markets infrastructure business, sitting at the heart of the world’s financial community. We provide valuable services for a wide range of customers, focusing on Intellectual Property, Risk and Balance Sheet Management and Capital Formation.
Our eight week , for penultimate year university students, has been designed to simulate our Technology Graduate Programme so that you can understand what a career in technology at LSEG would really be like. During your time with us you will have the opportunity to work in two distinct areas of our Group.
These are real roles; in fact, sometimes our summer interns are surprised at the level of responsibility given to them. As a summer intern, you play a part in the success of our business, you will have an opportunity to put into practice what you have learnt and make your impact felt within the team.
Our developer roles can be as varied as working on trading platforms in Java, database development in SQL and building trading and capital markets solutions in C++. We aim to match your interests, skills and background to the roles available. We will also support you in discovering more about the areas of the business that interest you most by connecting you with the relevant departments so that you can learn more about them.
The programme will offer you:
- Eight weeks paid internship in our recently opened technology hub in Bucharest;
- Work on real business projects in Java, SQL or C++;
- Training and development opportunities allowing you to broaden your knowledge of finance and technology;
- The opportunity to be part of our LSEG team - successful interns will be considered for our Graduate Programme starting in the summer of 2020.
What we are looking for from you:
- You should have a strong academic record, a demonstrable interest in pursuing a career in financial technology;
- You should be available to start full time employment in the summer of 2020;
- You will need to be a talented and highly motivated individual who shares our values and passion for success and growth;
- You’ll need strong intellectual capability, a fluid communication style, plus the gravitas to establish good working relationships and influence key stakeholders;
- It is also important for you to be driven and resilient to see projects through to successful completion;
- You will stand out to us if you can demonstrate and recognise that what you achieve is equally important to how you achieve it;
- Existing knowledge of Java, SQL or C++ is beneficial.
If you want to join the team in Bucharest, please apply now. The application deadline is 17th of April.