The Accounting Intern will be part of the Credit & Collection team within our Finance department. The student will learn more about this department's processes and will offer constant support for the North America clients portfolio. Sounds good? Check out few responsibilities that you will have and what you need to bring with you!
- Offer support for collection of receivables on a portfolio of customer accounts
- Maintain a smooth functioning of credit portfolio
- Offer support in achieving the Customer Financial Services metrics
- Establish and maintain contact with customers concerning past due amounts, payment trends, and other matters related to past due receivables to improve company cash flow
- Interfaces with a variety of functional areas at various business sites related to customer disputes, invoice copies, proof of deliveries, contract/PO issues, etc.
- Conduct business in a manner that promotes both internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Offer periodic support in A/R reviews with the business
- Understand existing policies and procedures (process maps) to ensure compliance for each business unit.
- Review delinquent accounts on a regular basis to determine root causes
- Propose customer credit limits and payment terms.
- Student with an Economic/Accounting profile
- PC skills (Excel and other Microsoft office knowledge: Word, Power Point, Access are a plus)
- Willingness to learn more in the Accounting area
- Strong English Communication skills
- Other foreign language (like Spanish) will be considered as a plus
- Highly motivated and driven to be part of a dynamic team within an multi-cultural environment.