COBOL Software Developer
In this role, you will work closely with our business and techinal analyst teams as well with other members of our organisation to understand business requirements that drives the analysis and design of high quality technical solutions for our customers. As the customer is central to what we do the work you will deliver will be aligned to the company’s wider IT strategies and comply with the architectural standards.
In a nutshell, you will have complete involvement in the software development life cycle, by owning the responsibility of designing, coding and testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting software applications that are delivered by our business. You will have the oportunity to contribute to the long term product strategy by making continous improvement recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing one.
Additional activities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations. You will support the Custody Platform, deployed in Italy, a system composed of: an internal 3270 Customer frontend, internal TSO administration frontend, a backend core system, in charge of all computations, interfaces with external network (e.g. RNI) and others Monte Titoli Internal Services (primarily via MQ series) but more details will be provided during the interview stages.
The key main responsibilities of the role are:
• Develop software solutions based on COBOL language following the technical analysis and perform testing activities
• RDBMS DB2 management within development environment
• Problem identification and solving activities on the software stack in Mainframe environment
• Create procedures to manage the system and document them (code and job execution)
Key Technical Requirements:
• Knowledge of Software Engineering and Mainframe Architectural principles (subsystem CICS/TSO)
• Demonstrable development experience in COBOL language in Mainframe environment
• Great experience MQ Series technology
• Experience with versioning tools (ChangeMan is the team technology)
• Experience with DB2 11 as development RDBMS and good PL/SQL knowledge
• Capability to write reusable components and code
Experience on financial/data entry applications or Securities/Back office applications is nice to have.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how the technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career. We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee’s potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.