Windows Solution Designer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs LSEG Romania active
View all jobs Windows Solution Designer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Management - Consulting active on Hipo.ro
We are looking for a senior technologist with 10+ years of experience delivering Infrastructure Solutions/Projects within enterprise scale financial services organizations. The senior technologist will own delivery of solutions from end-to-end, including solution design, provisioning, and operational acceptance testing for handover to the respective support function. In some cases, provisioning activities may be handed off to off-shore resources with appropriate supervision. Solutions will be based on the LSEG product catalogue, and will require creation of design documents/artefacts, preparation of financial and resource estimates, as well as timelines for implementation. All solutions will pass through architecture review, where the candidate will be expected to defend any design decisions not in line with LSEG standards.
The candidate will also be responsible for supporting and engaging with infrastructure architecture teams, information security, the project office, other provisioning streams, as well as business-aligned development teams.
Key responsibilities for this role are:
• Working with technical and non-technical internal and external representatives to produce and deliver an infrastructure solution that meets customer requirements, is based on supported products and services, and takes into account criticality and relevant risk factors;
• Solutions must follow LSEG architectural guidelines, and be in line with established build and design processes;
• Developing and maintaining design documents, which may be implemented by the candidate, or passed off to other members of the provisioning function;
• Participate in project planning, providing financial and resource estimates, as well as implementation timelines.
Candidate Profile/ Key Skills:
• Proven Expert in Windows technologies (including AD / ADFS / SCCM);
• Proven Expert in enterprise Windows architecture;
• Strong track record of leading Global / Regional projects, including planning, resourcing, implementing, communication with sponsors and an understanding of critical path analysis;
• Tier 1 vendor experience essential;
• Strong scripting and programming (Powershell / VBA);
• Experience in provisioning tools like SCCM or other automated build tools;
• Virtualisation technology experience (ESX 5.x/6.x);
• Experience with TCP/IP and basic routing principles;
• Fundamentals of Storage Area Networking;
• Experience of IBM (x86) and HP hardware, Nagios, Control-M, NetBackup, HP OpenView, Subversion, Jira and Remedy would be preferred;
• Broad knowledge of technologies used in financial services datacentre design & architecture;
• Commercially minded with experience of supporting and developing services;
• Systems support experience, preferably gained within a mission critical support environment in the financial services or exchange industry;
• Educated and holding a degree level qualification (preferably in an IT discipline);
• Industry recognised qualifications and certifications demonstrating project delivery experience / Solution design experience for example Prince 2 / ITIL Service Design preferred but not essential.;
Desirable soft skills: good communication capabilities, analysis and problem solving, collaboration, task delivery.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
• Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension;
• 25 days’ holiday a year;
• Private medical insurance;
• Group life insurance policy;
• Meal vouchers;
• Other cool perks.
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee’s potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.