Graduate Junior Developer Trainee - Bucharest
GRADUATE JUNIOR DEVELOPER TRAINEE - BUCHAREST
FTSE Russell is part of London Stock Exchange Group’s Information Services Division, which is one of the fast growing divisions in the group. The index business is a rapidly developing market driven by regulatory changes and increased cost sensitivity in the financial services industry. FTSE Russell's mission is to become the leading provider of indices globally over the next few years. It is the largest European provider of Indices and competes on a global scale working with global investment banks, fund managers, exchanges, data vendors and the media. Its major competitors are MSCI and S&P/Dow Jones.
The Business Need
FTSE Russell has established a very strong reputation within the market place for the quality and reliability of its index products and its expertise in dealing with unusual or complex stock events is widely acknowledged. With a strong presence in the European financial markets, and a rapidly growing presence in the North American and Asian markets the company is now looking to increase its market share globally and become the number one provider of index client solutions globally.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
As a Graduate Junior Developer Trainee in the Information Services Technology team, the individual will have key responsibility in developing and supporting systems required for strategic business growth. The
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Work with experienced developers & team leads in Bucharest and London to develop and support key real-time and EOD systems within FTSE Russell
It is expected with limited supervision the candidate will be able to deliver each of the key objectives of the role identified above. It is therefore expected that he or she will have:
- Degree qualified in IT based discipline
- Good skills in programming languages like Java or .NET is required
- Experience in databases and SQL is preferred
- Experience in Linux or Window development is preferred
- Public Cloud – AWS or Azure
- Financial markets experience
Type of persons
- Articulate, energetic person able to work alone or as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail but an ability to think laterally to solve business problems
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Creative, analytical, results driven, self-motivated, and solutions oriented
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude, exhibits self-confidence
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to liaise with business and non business people
- Able to establish credibility quickly
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee’s potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.