10 New Tech Companies to keep an eye on in 2023: Meet HTEC Group
- Can you tell us in brief, who is HTEC Group globally and what role plays the Romanian entity in the overall business structure?
HTEC Group (HTEC) is a global consulting, software engineering, and digital product development company powering the technological evolution of the world's most impactful organizations – from disruptive startups to Fortune 500 companies. Founded in 2008 in Belgrade, Serbia, the company is now headquartered in San Francisco, with more than 2,000 experts spread across the traditional engineering hotspots of Central and Southeast Europe and consulting, innovation, and product design offices in Silicon Valley, New York, and London. With the highest level of expertise and extensive experience in a multitude of business domains – including Healthcare, Retail, Transportation and Smart Mobility, Logistics, FinTech, Green Energy, Media, and Deep Technology – HTEC is both an ideal technology partner for its clients and the ultimate growth platform for its employees.
HTEC entered the Romanian tech scene in June this year with a promise to bring cutting-edge technology and innovation to the region and opportunities for the local engineers to work on ground-breaking projects with world-leading companies. Romania plays an important role in the expansion of HTEC in Southeast and Central Europe, with its strong IT scene, competitive environment and quality education which create very talented engineers, designers and diverse experts who are ready to keep growing, learning and innovating with us.
- Can you give us some information about the type of projects you develop in Romania and what is the technology stack you use?
We nurture equal opportunities for our employees no matter where they come from. What this means is that there are no projects that are specifically developed in Romania. Our Romanian experts work with their colleagues in other countries in the region and globally to deliver the best possible solutions for our clients. The criteria for the projects that our employees work on is their expertise, not their location. Thus, we have diverse, multicultural teams that are bound by their experience, their expertise and their passion for a certain technology stack or industry and we're very proud of how well these teams function.
- Machine Learning and Data Science
- Data Engineering and Analytics
- Embedded and Hardware
- Angular, React and Vue.js
- QA & QAA
- Solution Architecture
- Infrastructure Architecture
- We know you have offices in 4 of the main IT centers of Romania (Bucharest, Cluj Napoca, Iasi and Timisoara). What is the total number of employees in Romania at the moment and what are the plans for the upcoming future?
In 4 of our IT centers in Romania, we are currently employing 50 people and this number is constantly rising. At this moment, we cannot give projections for the upcoming future, but we are actively searching for and recruiting the best talent in Romania.
- How would you define the culture? What does HTEC Group bring different on the market?
The passion for solving complex engineering challenges and providing innovative answers to the most difficult questions is embedded in the company's DNA. This is the basis of our culture, and this is what attracts the best engineers to join our teams. We have extensive expertise in product design and development, enterprise software, SAAS solutions, hardware and firmware engineering, data science, robotics, artificial intelligence, and scalable cloud platforms which enables us to deliver products and platforms used by hundreds of millions of people around the world, while it also enables our employees to work on the most diverse and the most cutting-edge technology of today.
We all know that engineers love challenges, and this is what we offer — challenges with a great deal of support and potential for personal and career development.
At our core, we are committed to investing in our greatest value, people, through:
- A 3-way career path in engineering and delivery that is tailor-made based on their individual needs and desires.
- An opportunity to work on core products for leading companies in the world.
- An opportunity to lead large multicultural teams.
- Helping our employees grow their foundational skills.
- Diversity of thought driving collective innovation.
- Culture is driven in part by a strong leadership team. Tell us more about the team at the helm of HTEC Group. What is the management style they prefer and how does this translate to the well-being of your colleagues?
Our leadership team is young and visionary, with a strong engineering background and global careers. They have built HTEC on their own belief that technological excellence is not an ideal but a must-have. Their vision for the company is guided by their wish to create the best technology partner for their clients and the best place to work for their employees.
As a company, we encourage our people to lead with integrity, to get out of their comfort zone, explore opportunities and never stop growing, because we believe innovation lies in our ability to keep our minds and hearts open, aware, and curious!
There’s a whole world of connections to make, from meaningful projects, inspirational people to world-leading clients. We provide our colleagues with all the support they need to reach their full potential and become the experts they wish to be. HTEC is there to help all our employees find their own road to success, show their true potential, embrace change and shift to the growth mindset.
- Diversity & Inclusion is a hot topic in the tech world but not only. What is your approach?
We appreciate and we build a workforce which brings together different perspectives and ideas. Our teams cultivate a worldwide, inclusive culture where harnessed differences between our employees benefit the wellbeing of our community and our natural environment. We have been providing opportunities to everyone regardless of their background, sexual orientation, and race—everyone is welcome to join our growing world-wide team.
- For those interested in finding out more and stay in touch - what are the social channels/web pages they should follow?
- Website: https://htecgroup.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/htecgroup/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/htecgroup/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/htecgroup/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/HTECgroup?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZqjVZL1KJM3jt7Nel7m62A