AUTOMATED TESTING ENGINEER
Together. Safer. Everywhere
Whenever critical decisions need to be made, Thales has a role to play. In all the markets we serve – defence, security, space, aerospace and ground transportation.
World-class technologies and the combined expertise of 65,000 employees in 56 locally based country operations make Thales a key player in assuring the security of citizens, infrastructure and nations.
Follow Thales on http://www.thalesgroup.com/live/
Thales Systems Romania, operational since 2007, plays a strategic part in the Group’s Transportation Business by offering a wide range of railways signalling solutions and integrated transportation systems.
Why joining our company in Romania:
Because we do great things together
Because we count for the real world
Because we are good in what we do and share our experience with you
Because we enjoy interesting experiences together
Because we have a multicultural working environment (Austria, Germany, France)
Because we are secure and stable for you, as well as for the world
Because we have a nice benefit package to offer
Come and see for yourself!
• Bachelor’s degree in Transportation, Electronics, Computer Science , Cybernetics , Mathematics, Physics, or similar
Requested technical competencies:
• Ability to understand and interpret product specifications
• A good understanding of the business approach
• Good communications and consultancy skills
• Good problem solving and diagnostic skills
• Knowledge of computer networks fundamentals
Would be a plus:
• Basic knowledge of Linux
• Programming: Groovy / Java / C
• Script Languages (Shell utilities)
• Knowledge of JIRA, Doors, ClearCase
• Experience in Railway Business: ERTMS/ETCS (UNISIG Subsets-026/076)
• Testing of complex software systems under usage of technical means like simulators and scripting languages
• Solution oriented, team-working
• Intercultural communication, including the empathy to work in an international team
• Flexibility and availability to travel abroad from time to time
• Fluency in English
• German is a plus
You will be a new member of our existing European Train Control (ETCS) Test team.
In this position you will have the opportunity to work with experts from Germany (Stuttgart) in a very dynamic and complex environment and also will be responsible for testing the ETCS Level2 On Board System product.
Test of complex and safety-critical application software for the railway field, including:
• Specification of Test Cases on Requirements basis
• Implementation of Test Cases for unit test and subsystem test. Writing of test programs and test data
• Automation of Test Cases
• Execution of automated tests
• Support of test environments, tools and simulation
• Evaluation of the test output (coverage, traceability, progress)
• Test documentation
• Regular test reporting
Excellent career opportunity with a professional development path in a multinational environment, challenging projects with high safety requirements training opportunities, attractive salary, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, housing loan, etc.