AUTOMATED TESTING ENGINEER
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Thales active
View all jobs AUTOMATED TESTING ENGINEER active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
At Thales, we work together to build a future we can all trust by developing market leading technology that is sustainable and resilient.
For over 40 years, Thales has been a supplier to the Romanian armed forces, and in 2007, began to run its industrial operations in Romania. Today, Thales is a major player in the Romanian rail transport industry operating a mainline rail signaling Competence Centre with more than 250 software engineers employed. We are now growing our presence in Romania through the development of a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC), reinforcing our position as a leader in all markets. Through the ECC, we now deliver solutions beyond ground transportation, in a number of core Thales business areas, from space and defense, to security and aeronautics. In 2020, the ECC employs over 600 engineers and by 2021 our team will be over 800 specialists.
• Bachelor’s degree in Transportation, Electronics, Computer Science , Cybernetics , Mathematics, Physics, or similar
Requested technical competencies:
• Ability to understand and interpret product specifications
• A good understanding of the business approach
• Good communications and consultancy skills
• Good problem solving and diagnostic skills
• Knowledge of computer networks fundamentals
Would be a plus:
• Basic knowledge of Linux
• Programming: Groovy / Java / C
• Script Languages (Shell utilities)
• Knowledge of JIRA, Doors, ClearCase
• Experience in Railway Business: ERTMS/ETCS (UNISIG Subsets-026/076)
• Testing of complex software systems under usage of technical means like simulators and scripting languages
• Solution oriented, team-working
• Intercultural communication, including the empathy to work in an international team
• Flexibility and availability to travel abroad from time to time
• Fluency in English
• German is a plus
You will be a new member of our existing European Train Control (ETCS) Test team.
In this position you will have the opportunity to work with experts from Germany (Stuttgart) in a very dynamic and complex environment and also will be responsible for testing the ETCS Level2 On Board System product.
Test of complex and safety-critical application software for the railway field, including:
• Specification of Test Cases on Requirements basis
• Implementation of Test Cases for unit test and subsystem test. Writing of test programs and test data
• Automation of Test Cases
• Execution of automated tests
• Support of test environments, tools and simulation
• Evaluation of the test output (coverage, traceability, progress)
• Test documentation
• Regular test reporting
Excellent career opportunity with a professional development path in a multinational environment, challenging projects with high safety requirements training opportunities, attractive salary, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, housing loan, etc.