Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH) is a high-technology company that integrates safer, greener and more connected solutions for the automotive and transportation sectors. Headquartered in Gillingham, U.K., Delphi operates technical centers, manufacturing sites and customer support services in 46 countries. Visit delphi.com.
Delphi Diesel Systems Romania is the newest diesel site in Romania manufacturing pumps and injectors for Common Rail Systems. The high-end technologies give employees the opportunity to work with. advanced techniques in assembly and precise machining, empowering and encouraging them to strive for excellence. Delphi is a key player in the global diesel market and the new facility located in Iasi supports Delphi's growing customer base and incremental business in Central and Eastern Europe.
• Engineering/Business Degree;
• Experience in machining operations;
• Good knowledge in cost, quality and machining;
• Strong organizational, leadership, analytical and communication skills;
• Commitment to quality and flawless launch, lean and cost/profit planning;
• Relationship-builder with high integrity;
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) - mandatory;
• English – advanced (mandatory);
• B driver’s license (Romanian laws) is mandatory.
• Provides the input data for the components to project management system that tracks program timing;
• Evaluates the supplier’s ability for capacity, quality and deadlines, in according with the programs requirements;
• Initiates and completes, for the purchased parts, the risk assessment with the engineering department, for the supplier quality input;
• Develops readiness, quality and sourcing strategies for each purchased component, including carry-over parts, in collaboration with the project teams and supplier quality teams;
• Responsible to communicate all the engineering changes on the drawings to suppliers;
• Collaborates with the category buyer on all sourcing decisions on identifying opportunities for link and leverage, for best cost country sourcing and localization;
• Check all administrative tasks are completed to ensure on-time PO issuance for parts, tooling etc. and provide assistance as necessary;
• Perform activities with high integrity, in compliance with Global, Divisional and Site procedures & systems requirements and Delphi fundamental principles as lean, First Time Quality, The Guide.