IMS Core Customer Service Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Nokia active
View all jobs IMS Core Customer Service Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
Proactively plans and performs advanced technical activities requiring knowledge in multiple areas (CS Core, IMS) or on a Core system level to service the customer and brings expertise to customer site on need basis.
Main Responsibility Area
Participates as an expert in own technology area in customer projects.
Plans and executes technical tasks requiring specialist skills to perform Network and System Integration activities for different Core elements.
Works independently with the responsibility for solving customer request cases and reporting according to processes.
Identifies and solves technical problems.
Shares knowledge in own professional area.
May support areas by participating in emergency situations and 24/7 duty.
Core Engineer act as customer’s interface for advanced service delivery and support, often in several areas/countries if requested. Work with large and / or complex projects or troubleshooting cases. Scope is often solution/system level.
- Coordinate his/her actions within the overall roll out of project; with a prime focus on Core team for Project delivery/Care
- Ensure technical expertise in own professional area: commissioning and/or integration and/or technical acceptance activities.
- Ensures network expansion activities.
- Develop and execute test plans, implementation plans, procedures, test specifications and test cases.
- Ensure implementation is in accordance with detailed designs and project timeframes.
- Support multivendor and 3rd party activities (installation, integration, interface troubleshooting)
- Implement parameters in the network elements’ subsystems (understands KPI and the impact on the performance of the system).
- Contribute to innovations and initiatives to improve network performance
- As emergency engineer works on critical incidents on emergency rota; neutralizes and restores the working state of the system
- Carry out independently complex technical activities such a SW and HW upgrades, updates including On-line SW Change Service, new functionality or system integration, migration, Expert Support, Preventive Care and technical audits on site.
- Ensure high availability of Core network services through activities such as troubleshooting, root cause analysis, vendor escalation and management, correction development, testing and implementation
- Ensures feedback and co-ordination with other service business lines
- Regular reporting the work progress; provides updates of incident progress throughout the case lifecycle
- Participates in the regular customer services meeting; manages customer communication on case level through the case lifecycle, supports Care Program Manager with case communication
- Strong knowledge and exposure to different switching network, signaling, telecom standards and implementation for Circuit Switching platform and IP Multimedia Subsystems (IMS) desirable on Nokia Core equipment: TAS, CFX 5000, iNUM, MSS and MGW.
- ATCA/DX/IPA hands-on and troubleshooting experience is preferable
- Installation and commissioning experience of Nokia products and integration/testing with other nodes
- Good in depth knowledge in the basic call flows
- End-to-end knowledge of Voice over LTE call flow and / or deployment preferably
- Able to independently propose and review Test cases internally and externally with customer.
- Knowledge in network technologies, including TCP/IP, routing/switching, network security, Network Management, DNS, Radius, LDAP, 3GPP interfaces, etc.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills on IP, UNIX or LINUX and autonomous use of network analyzers and tools to troubleshoot difficult network problems
- Knowledge and experiences with NCI and virtualization (Cloud band, VM Ware and Open Stack) are an added advantage for the position
- Technical university degree, with experience in telecommunication environment
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in implementation and commissioning of telecommunication equipment.
- Proven experiences with Nokia products CS Core and/or IMS.
- Flexible enough to travel as per business requirement on short notice (up to 80%)
- Fluent written/spoken in English
- High level of autonomy, engaged and motivated
- Flexible and ready for new challenges
- Innovative, Open mind, Collaborative
- Engaged to keep competences updated
- Quality oriented and focused on execution excellence
- Consistent in using standard processes and tools
- Cost consciousness
- Effective player in multi-cultural teams
- Strong problem solving ability
- Respect the deadlines
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Good organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Customer oriented attitude / Service minded