Marketing Specialist, Conferences and Industry Events
The KPI Institute is a research institute specialized in business performance. It operates research programs in 12 practice domains, ranging from strategy and KPIs to employee performance and from customer service to innovation performance. Insights are disseminated through a variety of publications, subscriptions services and through a knowledge platform available to registered members. Support in deploying these insights in practice is offered globally through training and advisory services.
The KPI Institute is considered today the global authority on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) research and education. It developed the first KPI Management Framework and operates www.smartKPIs.com, the result of the research program dedicated to documenting and cataloguing how KPIs are used in practice, an online portal containing the largest collection of documented KPI examples.
• Hold a university degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or Public Relations;
• Have 3-5 years of experience in marketing, communications or public relations;
• Have experience in areas like Content Marketing, Email Marketing;
• Have previous experience in organizing and attending trade shows, conferences, client demos, and other events;
• Have strong networking and relationship building skills, both on the phone and in-person;
• Be able to translate complex ideas into compelling marketing pieces;
• Have strong verbal and writing communication skills: The ability to articulate your creative process, thoughts and ideas;
• Be proficient with all MS Office applications;
• Be able to coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
• Be able to work independently with minimum supervision, but also as part of a project team;
• Be energetic, entrepreneurial, hardworking and persistent;
• Have experience in using social networking platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn;
• Have attention to detail in ensuring everything is cross-checked and accurate;
• Have strong project management skills, being able to take ownership and responsibility for tasks to ensure they are completed to a high standard and on time.
• Have knowledge of Adobe InDesign software (nice to have);
• Have an eye for creativity and graphic layout.
The role implies a close collaboration with the partnerships, professional services and marketing teams to understand market requirements and create the necessary demand generation programs for relevant audiences and industries.
• Develop and execute marketing plans for solution/industry segment/region; measures result and adjusts plan as needed;
• Coordinates overall marketing plan including marketing opportunity, segmentation, value proposition, target customer profile;
• Monitor and report on the effectiveness of ongoing marketing activities;
• Researches, identifies and develops key messaging for internal and external audiences including internal news, project wins and industry trends and analysis;
• Creates, edits and reviews marketing and thought leadership content, standard text and pitch verbiage;
• Develops specific content for website, brochures, case studies, blogs and other relevant marketing material in collaboration with technical staff and firm-wide communications team;
• Coordinates with Head of Marketing and Digital Marketing team to maintain social media presence for the entire organization;
• Collaborates effectively with cross functional teams including consultants, senior management, legal, HR and other marketing colleagues and teams;
• Creates marketing presentations for technical teams, including client interviews, speaking engagements and pitches;
• Ensures that internal and external communications are consistent with brand and message guidelines;
• Supports other capabilities/ offices with marketing and proposal tasks on an as needed basis.
• Identify opportunities within trade shows and events for future potential events, partnerships, sponsorships;
• Stay up to date on industry trends and events to proactively identify new market opportunities;
• Negotiate sponsorship packages with third-party event organizers in order to gain maximum exposure, increase brand awareness and market penetration;
• Plan, develop, oversee and continuously review all branding and promotional items for events including print, online, and electronic media;
• Develop and manage event calendars and communicate key event deliverables and timelines;
• Prepare and compile data for post-event analysis.
Some business facts about The KPI Institute:
• 11+ years spent on researching KPI best practice;
• 117+ research reports published to date;
• 5 continents on which we deliver trainings;
• 11 global partner organizations;
• 27 countries where we delivered educational programs.
Some friendly facts about The KPI Institute:
• Flexible working hours;
• Young and enthusiastic working environment;
• A work environment that rewards innovative ideas;
• Fixed monthly rate and performance bonuses;
• Annual training budget;
• Annual team buildings;
• Pizza day;
• Fruit days.