Platform Support Engineer
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Vodafone Romania active.
Vezi toate job-urile Platform Support Engineer active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in Telecomunicatii active pe Hipo.ro
We want to inspire people to capture the opportunities of a digital future and build a better tomorrow. That is why we are here.
Over 30 years ago, we made the first ever mobile phone call and sent the first SMS in Britain and have been changing the lives of billions of people ever since. We are taking 4G to the Moon and using big data for social good to intelligent transport systems and emergency drones, we are still shaking things up.
Be part of a company which helps those who need it most. Whether teaching girls to code, providing connectivity to disaster hit areas or putting on our trainers and running for charity.
We believe being different is good. We’re proud to offer equal opportunities regardless of race, nationality, cultural background, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religious or political belief. We can only leverage this diversity by building an inclusive culture where everyone is respected, can be themselves and strive to be their best. Your different perspectives help us to shape the future.
The future is exciting. Ready?
Core competencies, knowledge and experience [max 5]:
- Scripting tools
- Data Base user knowledge (complex queries)
- SS7 MAP Signalling
- Diameter Signalling
- DNS protocols
- Roaming knowledge (protocol and signalling)
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- University degree: faculty of Electronics Telecommunications and Information Technology, Faculty of Automatic Control and Computer Science, Cybernetics, Informatics or equivalent;
- 1-2 years of experience in
Roaming Platform Support within Vodafone Networks.
The role will provide the 2nd Line support for
- HW, SW and BD SLS incident management
- Support to SLS Roaming Team activities that requires root or OS activity
- Assist with change activity when needed
- Preventive maintenance for platforms in scope
- Corrective maintenance for platforms in scope
- Continuous improvement of preventive and corrective maintenance routines.
- Support on security and some other audits to ensure the VF compliance.
This is a real-time operational role providing support for complex multi-technology solutions, in addition to a providing a sound knowledge of specific technologies.
Working hours : from 07:00 CET to 22:00 CET (2 shifts), and 1 on call person during nights and weekends.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- System administration tools (UNIX) expert level
- Passive probing, counters management to create service alarms
- Root Cause analysis for complex major incidents & escalated faults
- Where required, support new technology, service & solution.
- Support customer Project and Change delivery activities as required.