Internship - Software Engineer for MCUXpresso team
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
- Student in a terminal year, preferable in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electronics;
- Good knowledge with Java;
- Knowledge of operating systems fundamentals;
- Team spirit, able to cooperate and learn from technical experts;
- Good English command.
Some of the following skills would bring an advantage:
- Knowledge of Embedded Systems;
- Knowledge of Eclipse framework is a big plus; JUnit/SWT;
- Knowledge in C/C++;
- Knowledge of a scripting programming language (such as Phyton), version control systems (such as GIT);
This role within the NXP MCUXpresso IDE team is to to work closely with the existing team in the design, development and testing of various components and functionality within MCUXpresso IDE.
The role will involve working on new functionality as well as enhancing existing product features. A key requirement of this role will be to gain a good understanding of the needs of our customers who design and debug with MCUXpresso IDE, and then use this knowledge to enhance the product.
MCUXpresso IDE is an Eclipse/CDT + GCC-based software development toolchain with many extensions that tailor it for the development and debugging of embedded applications running on NXP Cortex-M based microcontrollers.
MCUXpresso IDE is designed to work tightly with NXP microcontroller evaluation boards and debug probes, as well as those from third parties. It is focused on ease of use and providing access to advanced features of NXP microcontrollers, and is used by many tens of thousands of designers around the globe.