Senior Software Developer (backend) - IBSO
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, more than 88,4oo of us flourish in an environment that encourages open, free expression of ideas. You'll work alongside creative thinkers who turn big ideas into reality for our customers. And with innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and flexibility to balance work and personal life, you get more out of your career, too.
SAP Innovative Business Solutions is a fast-growing global organization dedicated to delivering innovative custom solutions that address our customers’ unique and competitive business requirements. In addition, SAP Innovative Business Solutions is in charge of developing Focused Business Solutions (FBS), which are SAP standard products that address the specialized needs of niche market segments. By extending and enhancing SAP solutions or building entirely new ones, SAP Innovative Business Solutions helps customers around the world to flexibly, quickly and safely adapt to rapidly changing business and market conditions. We deliver a full lifecycle of development services – from the planning of a development project through delivery and maintenance of the with teams across the organization, our development team in Bucharest co-innovates with customers and follows a design-thinking approach to develop and run new business solutions. Since SAP Innovative Business Solutions is planning to grow its business significantly, we are looking for experts to further strengthen our execution teams.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a Senior Software Developer, you develop new business applications in close alignment with our co-innovation customers. You will work in an open-minded team of dedicated experts as well as young professionals to design and develop software using a test-driven development approach.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES / WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or comparable experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in professional software development
- Strong experience with relational databases (. SAP HANA) and SQL programming
- Experienced in designing and building REST APIs using JSON format
- Experienced with testing frameworks and test-driven development (TDD)
- Working experience with Cloud Foundry is considered a plus
- Positive mindset, team player, humble, transparent, open to changes
- Passion for co-innovation with customers
- Willing to act as mentor for the team members
- Experience with Agile Development/Scrum
- Very good verbal and written English language skills