Software Developer - Mobile, Cloud
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs SAP active
View all jobs Software Developer - Mobile, Cloud active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
About the Role
As a Mobile Software Engineer in the SAP DTS (Data Technology Software) Timisoara team, you will develop custom applications for customers worldwide.
The successful applicant will:
- Love building both beautiful user interfaces and cloud computing systems that scale to millions of users
- Learn quickly by jumping directly into code, making sense of it, and making solid changes
- Work independently with little or no supervision as well as in a team
- Have a solid understanding of web application architectures, including REST, Hybrid, HTTP requests, multithread and databases, IoT
- Be determined to make software work, and to understand the root cause of each defect
- Be passionate about continuously improving at writing solid code quickly and a refusal to believe that it cannot be done
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive, design, and develop new features by working with Product Management, User Experience, and Software Testing to elaborate on features, estimate task time, and then quickly write high-quality code for complex features
- Work in a SCRUM development project model, with a daily team SCRUM meeting, and a weekly production release deployment
- Participate actively in requirement capture, design, and code reviews
Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- Besides technical knowledge, practical attitude and leadership
- Excellent English written and verbal communications
- German would be an advantage
- Self-disciplined with strong attention to detail
- At least 4 years of experience in developing mobile/web applications
- 3+ years experience as Senior Engineer
- Experience with cloud software application development: Cloud Foundry, Docker Containers, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with IoT, Machine learning, Blockchain concepts
- At least basic understanding of TCP/IP (IPv4 or IPv6) networking (ports and addresses)
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with source control systems such as Subversion, Git, Perforce, Mercurial, Visual SourceSafe, etc.
- Knowledge of REST web services
- Basic knowledge of networking and security: packet/LAN sniffers, XSS, CSRF, encryption, HTTPS, etc.
- Good understanding of Objective Oriented Programming and Functional languages
- Advanced debugging skills and tools: ability to isolate memory leaks, memory corruptions, and deadlocks; some experience with a code profiler
- Advanced software development skills: process/thread synchronization and management
- Immersion in Web culture and a digital lifestyle, . Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, instant messaging, iPhone, iPad, Android, Cloud, IoT, Machine learning, Blockchain