System Administrator with Linux
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Ericsson active
View all jobs System Administrator with Linux active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how does it support you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
• 4-5 years or more of exposure to IT systems at administration level (storages, backup solutions, monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios, Veritas Backup) represents an advantage)
• Unix based and Windows administration medium knowledge or upper.
• POSIX (bash, perl, SQL scripting, Windows batch scripting) used to automatize different system tasks – basic to medium knowledge level.
• Networking and basic routing (CISCO courses represents an advantage) - nice to have
• Database administration basic knowledge (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, MS SQL, MS Access)
• Technical support environment exposure, working with tickets, priorities, Service Level Agreements, on-call duty one week per month.
• Mobile telecommunication systems knowledge
• Radio & Core network architecture knowledge
• Knowledge of Network or Element Management Systems from
• various vendors like Huawei M2000/U2000, Ericsson OSS R17, ENM, Alcatel 1353/1354, ZTE Netnumen
• Administration or user experience with Performance Management
• Systems (data processing, parsing, database loading and export / visualization)
• Education: University degree (Polytechnics represents an advantage)
• Others: Fluent English (spoken and written)
• Basic Spanish(spoken and written)
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Availability for traveling abroad, occasionally
• Ability to work within a global, remote workforce
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Available for on-call duty
Operation & Maintenance of Linux/Windows servers and enterprise applications in the scope. Assures the correct functionality by following the routine and fault prevention guidelines (check and act upon alarms, logs, system monitor indicators) Performing both proactive and reactive activities in a scheduled manner or on demand; Takes action before problems become critical: system/hardware failures, hanged processes, scripts not having desired output, application errors, data flows etc Ensuring that the services provided to our customers are continuously available and performing up to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels; Understanding the customer’s network and systems architecture, liaise with applications experts, operations staff and users to determine requirements and provide quick resolution for technical issues.