We are a global financial institution with a strong European base. Our customers are at the heart of what we do and our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business.
As a frontrunner in the transformation of banking and a company that puts technology at its heart, ING is present in Romania through 2 entities: ING Bank Romania and ING Tech Romania.
Being the first international financial institution that entered the local market after the fall of the communist regime, ING pioneered the banking industry in Romania and brought innovation to life for local customers.
ING entered the local market by offering solely corporate banking & investment banking services, and in 2004 it extended its services through the Retail division, turning into a universal bank.
Since then, ING Bank brought innovation in the life of our customers: launched ING Home’Bank (the internet banking solution), introduced contactless cards, the online personal loan and many more products and services.
ING decided to open in Bucharest a global hub for technology & innovation in 2015, developing IT solutions across ING Group in areas such as Core Banking, Global Retail Solutions, Data Management, Financial Markets and Wholesale Banking.
Now, in 2019, our fast growing team gathers more than 600 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Now more than ever, IT is the beating heart of ING!
Established in 2015 as a global hub for technology, the focus of ING Tech Romania has been on building strategic capabilities, such as developing and continuously improving common IT solutions that can be shared, replicated and reused across the other ING countries.
Currently, ING Tech Romania provides approximately 90 services to more than 18 countries and units. These services are grouped in the following main categories:
- Software development;
- Data management;
- Non-financial risk & compliance;
Now, in 2020, our fast growing organisation gathers more than 800 high-performing engineers that work together in global tribes.
Life@ING Tech Romania
We have many openings in ING Tech, with a focus on Java roles, with Financial Markets flavor or focused on Aggregation Services and strategic platforms used in ING globally.
We invite you to apply for the job here
What we are looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience as development engineer, exposure to financial industry is a plus;
- Exposure to usage of common frameworks like Spring/SpringBoot;
- Practice in the usage of common developer tools (Git, Docker, Jenkins and Maven);
- Practice in delivering high-performance and zero downtime applications;
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies;
- An excellent spoken and written command of English;
- Bonus: Experience in Front-end development (we are building web components);
- Have a focus on quality while working with JUnit, Mockito, Power Mock, as well as BDD frameworks such as Cucumber.