Here at Vodafone, we do amazing things to empower everybody to be confidently connected, that could be anything from providing superfast network speed to smartphones, to making farmers lives easier with mobile money payments or streaming music into a car through the internet of things.
Discover yourself & Vodafone!
If you have recently graduated or you are preparing for this moment, you are probably thinking about how will your career look like, what is the most suitable job for you and how can you best prepare to land your dream job.
Group Technology Discover Programme is a one-year programme helping you explore different opportunities within the technology field and working with key technologies of the future in both Network & IT, while preparing a strategic career plan.
What happens during the programme?
- You fulfill 2 placements of 6 months each within different technical areas, in order to acquire a broader business understanding and to explore various opportunities and IT&C technologies (2G, 3G, 4G networks, RAN, Core or Transmissions to IoT, Cloud etc.);
- During the 2 placements, you have your own responsibilities to carry out, according to the team specifics & needs;
- You are encouraged to contribute to the business growth by bringing improvement initiatives and involving in different projects;
- You develop in an accelerated manner, through the various processes you are learning, but also through online training sessions & face-to-face workshops, feedback sessions and networking;
- You get a better understanding on how does the company work and get visibility on the existing opportunities;
- You explore different business perspectives: from planning, to implementation and monitoring.
- You interact with specialists from various areas and learn from them;
- You get to interact with our leaders and get visibility at Senior Management Level.
But most importantly:
You get to know yourself better, become aware of your strengths, your aspirations and areas for future development, so you can fast track your development!
Activities you may experience:
You will discover Vodafone Group Technology through assignments in 2 of following areas, during your rotations:
Benefits tested by our previous grads:
- Group Network Operations – Manage the end-to-end services as experienced by our customers, ensuring optimal service performance across converged networks and IT infrastructure, while driving people, process and tool efficiencies. The activity consists in network monitoring, alarm investigation, problem identification and resolution. Through our Discover programme, you may support our 1st Line or 2nd Line Operations activities.
- Technology Shared Services – Deliver Applications, Infrastructure and Networks to Local Markets and Group Functions as a unique center of excellence. Enable cost reduction in markets by delivering efficiencies and improving productivity within Technology Shared Services Centres globally. Examples of activities you may be included in: Cloud Infrastructure Ops, IoT 1st Line Operations, IoT Test Design, Network Engineering, Business Enablement, Transition Management, Engineering Services etc.
- Group Network Engineering and Delivery – Design and build networks to provide international connectivity, voice, data and messaging services to support our customers. Lead the engineering and delivery of new commercial products like TV and evolved Network solutions like NFV and SDN ensuring the best End to end network performances for our customers.
- Excellent work environment, full of people willing to develop and to help you develop as well;
- Access to online learning platforms, training sessions and workshops;
- Various resources to help you understand career possibilities;
- Possibility to have a flexible schedule, according to the business needs, while allowing you attend the most important classes;
- Possibility to work from home, depending on the team specifics;
- Working for an industry leading company that spans across different countries around the world;
- Being part of a community of graduates;
- Working to deliver world-leading technology to empower businesses and people to build a better tomorrow.
What happens after the programme?
- You apply to our open positions, both in Romania and abroad, with the advantage of having acquired valuable experience inside the organization;
- You can apply to our Columbus programme, continuing your accelerated development through a 2-years international placement.
Who are we looking for?
- Recent graduates, 3rd & 4th year students with good academic performance;
- Determined to pursue a career within the IT&C field;
- IT&C studies background, whether these are University studies or individual courses & projects;
- Flexible to learn different technologies and integrate in various teams;
- Proficient in English;
- Curious, proactive, analytical, innovative, willing to learn and challenge themselves;
- International & volunteering experience would be a plus;
- Willing to relocate in Bucharest, if located in other cities;
- Available to work full-time.
Our Application Process:
- Apply to our Programme – the application window is open by the 20th of July.
- If successful in stage 1, it's time to get to know you, through a short video interview to find out more about you and through 2 online tests to discover how your mind works! This stage will last 70 minutes in total.
- If successful in stage 2, we'd like to meet you! The final stage is our Discover Day, consisting in an Assessment Centre, where you have the opportunity to show us your personality and to find out more about us - we are organizing Discover Days throughout June, July and the first week of August.
- Success? It’s time to kick-start your exciting future at Vodafone – in September, we are happy to welcome you in our team located in Bucharest!