DevOps & SAAS Operations Lead (anti-spam email security)
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Our client is the most fast-growing anti-spam email security provider, expanding on all fronts, founded in The Netherlands. Together with 60+ highly motivated colleagues (the majority located in offices in Amsterdam and Bucharest), they are changing the anti-spam industry. They form a strong team of diverse, international people working with customers around the globe.
Our client cares about people who are social, smart and passionate, reliable, work well both in a team but also individually, are driven by high performance and simply feel at home in their ‘family’. Each individual has a critical task within the company, they're efficient and get things done.
The successful candidate will possess a high degree of technical skill, likes to work with cutting edge technology stacks, and have a good understanding of cloud infrastructures. You have a collaborate approach to problem solving and understand the financial impact on changes you implement. All of this with a DevOps mentality in mind.
If this describes you and you are passionate about what you do and thrive in a challenging, high-growth, and dynamic environment, please read on.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in appropriate technical discipline.
- 5+ year’s relevant technical experience, prior staff management experience preferred but not required.
- Fluency of the English language
- Experience designing and implementing SAAS solutions.
- Has proven knowledge of AWS.
- Working experience of DevOps in a global environment (Apache / Nginx web farms running high-volume database-driven applications)
- Solid TCP/IP networking experience and understanding
- Experience with tools for automation of deployment, monitoring and management of systems, such as Chef / Puppet / Ansible / Vagrant / SaltStack
- Network, OS and Application monitoring tools, such as Munin, Nagios, Zabbix
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and focus on quality
- Strong communication skills to effectively liaise with both technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to act decisively and works well under pressure
- Must be a collaborative problem solver
- Oversee daily operational activities, ensure proactive best practices, and deliver a high level of customer service.
- Track key performance and capacity metrics to ensure consistent and proactive management of service delivery.
- Primary liaison with product development teams concerning support of product delivery timelines. Active participation in daily stand-up meetings.
- Provide mentoring to team members.
- Plan, manage and provide systems infrastructure and application support.
- Responsible for availability, security and performance of the operational systems.
- Develop and implement operational best practices while maintaining agility – stress automation of operational activities (IAC Mentality).
- Manage relationships with hosting providers and other suppliers and hold them to a high level of service.
- A full-time position (40 hours/week)
- Attractive salary and regular performance-dependent salary increases, annual bonus plan
- Private medical subscription
- Modern office facilities located centrally
- Lots of space for self-development, personal growth, and opportunities to contribute
- Possibility to get involved in our Social Responsibility Program
- A team of high performing and passionate colleagues