Battery Assembly Engineer
Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers.
The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety.
Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
- Mechanical engineering degree in automotive, production and/or aerospace – excellent grade and industrial internships
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Manufacturing and/or Industrial Engineering role in battery package assembly planning and industrial engineering with a high degree of robotic/automation and welding techniques applying high volume assembly line principles
- Experience in composite design, development and manufacturing, including material, equipment/machinery, and process specification
- Experience in high-volume, automated manufacturing including dynamic planning & execution during production ramp up
- Capable of extended cross-functional working, including Engineering, Purchase, Quality, Manufacturing, and Facility management functions
- Lean skills - driving continuous improvements, ergonomics, HS&E and process capability
- ICT Skills: Microsoft Office, ERP, MES and CAD
Skills in: methods time management system: MTM, REFA
- Excellent analytical capabilities with a drive to challenge the status quo; eager to learn; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator with a high sense of urgency.
- Drive “Design for make” and “Design to Value” for the type certification standard
- Lead capability acquisition of new technologies, systems and factories for the production of primary structure components
- Support supplier selection, establishment of a supply chain and introduction of the product into the supply chain and domestic factories
- Shop floor support & continuous improvement across the entire production network
- Specification and provision of new production machinery/equipment for Lilium plants
- Spearhead the establishment of pilot production stations to develop stable production processes and prove rate capability
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talent with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.