Stefanini IT Solutions was founded in Brazil by Marco Stefanini in 1987. Today, Stefanini is a global services provider, delivering offshore, onshore and nearshore outsourcing, IT consulting, systems integration, application and strategic staffing services to mid-size and large companies around the world.
The Linux Specialist is responsible for at least three distributions, Red Hat, SUSE and Ubuntu. As a result the environment is very dynamic, exposing the team to a broad range of technologies and endless learning opportunities.
- Experience in UNIX, Linux, AIX, SAN, Networking.
- Experience in complex server configuration and support.
- Very good experiences for AIX – AIX .
- HMC, VIO, NIM, LPAR, Live partition Mobility Skill.
- SAN Skill.
- General understanding Linux on Power and System I for Monitoring.
- Familiarity with RAID disk technologies & SAN infrastructure.
- Familiarity with network infrastructure.
- Understanding of patch management software.
- Familiarity with Backup software and strategies.
- Knowledge and understanding of network applications, web servers, email servers, firewalls, databases, file shares and print servers.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong technical problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn and apply new technology and methodologies in a distributed environment.
- Maintenance of Data Center infrastructure.
- Monitor server performance and availability.
- Troubleshoot issues for the specific competency.
- Performing SAN administration, management and configuration.
- Promote and maintain server patch management practices.
- Provide metrics for capacity management purposes.
- Troubleshoot performance issues, troubleshoot OS configuration and hardware failures and apply fixes.
- Event, Incident, Problem Management (analyze alerts and logs).
- Root Cause Analysis.
- Initiate, assess, test, verify, document and quality assure system updates.
- Create and implement change requests for incidents/problems as needed.
- Provide technical assistance and expertise to customer’s administrators and SMEs.