Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1800 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
Under the supervision of the Game Director and the Lead Game Designer, you are responsible for managing all economic aspects of the game design. You control the virtual economy (how the player wins and spends resources and currencies in the game) alongside all other progression and reward systems. You design game features that compel, engage players on the long term and provide monetization opportunities. You identify and develop the motivation drivers in the game economy context and provide data-driven recommendation on design.
The main and routine tasks of the economic designer are related to:
• Model, tune and manage complex game systems & mechanics (rewards, features) to engage players & fulfill their needs;
• Understand the player’s key motivation levers (progression, reward, social);
• Design, prototype and support the economic systems to drive players to engage with the game’s economy.
Economics and statistics
• Use strong knowledge in macro and behavioral economics (game theory, sociology etc.) to create the in-game economy and its money life cycle (production, sinks, inflation);
• Define and fine tune all system related to player motivation, rewards and progression;
• Define the virtual products (relation, life cycle, streams of availability);
• Work closely with the data analyst to design the metrics system to ensure the data collection triggering economy adjustments and tuning;
• Work closely with the monetization manager to provide for monetization opportunities.
• Specialization / experience in game design;
• Strong knowledge in economics;
• In-depth knowledge and experience with online games;
• Strong passion for gaming (RPG, MMORPG) and keen grasp of associated systems (progression, crafting, statistics etc.);
• Strong analytical skills;
• Collaborate and communicate constructively in a friendly work environment;
• Seek improvement constantly (take initiatives, challenge yourself);
• Act with the consumer and the market in mind (stay informed of current events in the sector, analyze strengths and weaknesses of both our games and competitors’ games);
• Be creative;
• Good knowledge of motivation drivers, learning theories, and usability;
• Good knowledge of quantitative data;
• Good understanding of players' psychology.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• If you're into sport we've got a great gym right into our studio;
• We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way. To get started we'll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like;
• If you get hungry you can use your meal tickets at our local cafeteria or even grab some of the fresh fruits that are available in the office each week;
• Since we value health you'll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months;
• If somehow you feel under the weather you can quickly go to our in studio doctor.