Who We Are
Optaros, Inc. is dynamic, entrepreneurial professional services and solutions provider creating innovative ecommerce solutions by leveraging the convergence of Commerce, Content, and Community on the web. Founded in 2004, we are an international with employees in Boston, Austin (TX), San Francisco and Bucharest.
In November of 2014, Optaros became part of MRM//McCann, a global customer experience-marketing agency, part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).The combined companies offer end-to-end digital solutions from customer acquisition and engagement through to the transaction and ongoing loyalty.
Optaros’ office in Bucharest is located in the Olympia (“Eureko”) Tower in Piata Muncii with easy access from the tram, metro and busses. Our rapidly growing Bucharest team is made up of Client Delivery, Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Support and DevOps professionals who are responsible for engineering Optaros’ cutting edge product offerings and supporting our international clients. The Bucharest team is an essential piece of Optaros’ overall strategy.
At this time, Optaros is looking for smart, motivated people to join the Bucharest team and grow our capabilities in each department. Working at Optaros means having the opportunity to work on distributed, multinational teams. Optaros opens the door for employees to receive technical training and significant growth in their field, as well as the potential opportunity to travel throughout Europe and North America. To find out more about who we are and what we do, visit www.optaros.com.
We also offer a competitive salary, performance bonus and benefits package, including private medical insurance, reimbursements for gym membership, lunch tickets and sponsored public transportation. We are a friendly, growing team with frequent team events, an agile, open workplace and plenty of foosball!
- Assist in documentation of test artifacts (plan, cases) and execution of test cases from design documentation and functional specifications
- Follow quality assurance procedures and test standards (Copy Document is the master reference for all content and formatting and PSD files for the layout)
- Execute manual tests for multiple software builds (bulk email campaign management software - e.g. DREAMmail, Responsys or PGS Xpedite) within scheduled releases.
- Test approaches include client/server, white-box, black-box, positive/negative, and data driven testing. Test types include functional, integration, sanity and regression
- Analyze test results and proactively troubleshoot issues with Product Owners, Development and QA peers to replicate/identify and resolve issues
- Document defect/issues in a defect tracking system, including relevant description of the issues with detailed steps to replicate. Proactively alert QA team to priority 1 issues and provide regular progress reports of all issues as necessary
- Proactively monitor health and visibility of the QA effort on each build in order to assist QA Release Manager's gap analysis and risk mitigation
- Experience testing websites or web applications in multiple browsers.
- Relevant BA/BS graduate or student with equivalent technical training and professional work experience.
- Minimum of 1 year Quality Assurance experience and/or combined information systems analysis, design, development or implementation experience.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office tool set.
- Familiarity with different phases of STLC, SDLC, and Testing Methodologies. Experience with agile or waterfall approach desired.
- Beginning to Intermediate proficiency in establishing/documenting/executing test strategies/plans/cases from business and functional requirements.
- Agency experience is a plus.
- Experience using JIRA for tracking defects is a plus.
- Interest in work with cutting edge web technologies is essential.
- Proven interpersonal, analytical, attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills. Excellent communication and self-motivation skill.
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken).
- Possibility to grow in a QA tester role.