Middle/Senior DevOps Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Evolve today active
View all jobs Middle/Senior DevOps Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
We are a complex company that offers consulting and recruitment services in the Human Resources area..
Evolution in performance, professionalism, balance and satisfaction.
We are your trustworthy partner that understands the markets continuous dynamic change and difficulties but also from our constant direct engagement with the companies we work with, and their employees.
We speak the languages of those that have ambitions, motivation for success and are able to adapt, innovate, and evolve.
As your devoted partner we identify the requirements and the necessities of your company and as well for your employees.
For our partner, a fast growing company with multiple software and infrastructure projects running in parallel, with great teams situated in Romania, France, Switzerland, Spain and the UK we are looking for DevOps Engineers.
Their systems are complex, and they have a lot of challenges surrounding the high load nature of the business. They write object oriented, unit & functionally tested code, and deploy to build, test, preprod and production using Jenkins for continuous integration.
They deploy to production on at least a weekly basis. They use Zabbix, Graylog2, site24x7 (and some internal developed tools) to monitor production, and have a” fix first, fix once” policy – they ensure that any error that occurs is fixed, the solution automated and monitored so that they never have to worry about it again.
Required traits and experience:
- A naturally helpful and communicative person who loves solving problems
- Very good analytical skills
- Linux power user: Very good systems administration knowledge of, and work experience with Linux, Debian/CentOS, MySQL, bash, networking, firewalls;
- Knowledge of monitoring systems (mainly Zabbix) concepts, operations, maintenance, workflows, reports, analysis, improvements, automation, templating – so on and so forth – for both state and trend type of monitoring
- Ability to respond professionally in crisis situations while maintaining transparency
- Experience with at least one version control system (preferably Git)
- Experience of Continuous Integration (preferably Jenkins)
- Automation tools, . Ansible, Saltstack
- Virtualisation solutions like Vagrant, XenServer
- Knowledge of AWS
- Proficient in English
Preferred, though not required, experience:
- Python, PHP (scripting) experience
- Experience with nosql systems like Redis, Couchbase, Cassandra
- Experience with High Availability setups (keepalived, heartbeat)
What the role will involve
Monitoring production using our monitoring systems (Zabbix, Graylog, etc);
Operational Analysis (learning & understanding the business domain + monitor business domain metrics);
Communicating with our internal users about issues they are seeing with our production systems, understanding their concerns, diagnosing and replicating the issues;
Analysing issues across multiple application and infrastructure boundaries by investigating logs, network traffic, server performance and configuration;
Replicating issues with these systems, and handing over the resolution to our development & systems administration teams;
Support oncall (two weeks), which will involve being Level2 support for our production systems both during working hours and out of hours, receiving push notifications/alerts from our monitoring solutions and responding to queries on official communication channels (both synchronous (Instant Messenging solution) + asynchronous (email) while respecting agreed SLAs
Compensation & Benefits
Great projects and technologies
Office Location: Aurel Vlaicu, near Promenada Mall
Modern office environment with all the work and play amenities