ASHOKA - INTERNSHIP - EVENT PLANNING, DESK RESEARCH, SUPPORT
ASHOKA: Intern Romania Office
We are looking for a communicative intern for the support of the Romania Office.
Ashoka's mission is to build a society where everyone has the opportunity, skills and support to create meaningful social change. Ashoka does so by investing in and collaborating with social entrepreneurs who combine vision, creativity and passion with an unparalleled drive to bring sustainable and systemic change to the social problem of their focus. Over the past 38 years Ashoka has grown to become one of the driving forces of social innovation in the world, with a network of 3600 leading social entrepreneurs globally, whom we support financially and non-financially.
With the support of the Romanian-American Foundation and Enel Romania, we also launched an office in Romania in 2017, where we aim to develop a nurturing ecosystem for social innovation locally, by promoting innovative solutions from our network which have a systemic social impact.
For more information, please visit: http://ashoka-cee.org/romania/.YOUR CHALLENGE
We are looking for a full-time intern to help Ashoka Office in Romania with event planning and desk research. The intern will work with our local team to organise events involving Ashoka Fellows and Romanian social innovators and to prepare different types of analyses for internal and external use.
- Identify suitable locations for internal and external events
- Identify and negotiate offers and contracts with our suppliers
- Manage guest lists and participants
- Handle the logistics for our internal and external events
- Manage the travel and accommodation of our guests
- Create presentations for internal and external use
- Create materials for proposals and projects
- Drafts analyses about the local social entrepreneurship environment and
- Drafts analyses about our global community of social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows)
- Search for data about key Romania sectors and compile them into small reports
- Introduce data in our internal and external platforms and databases
- Offer support in organising our local projects and processes: Localizer, Venture, Fellowship, Ecosystem Building
- Eager to contribute to the social change in Romania and Europe
- Proven initiative spirit within different organisations / social projects
- Experience in event management, office management and desk research
- Capacity to work independently
- Experience in handling logistics and administrative tasks for events
- Experience in project assistance or management
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Analytical skills and detail oriented
- Proven time management and interpersonal communication skills
- Location: Ashoka Office Bucharest, some travels within Romania possible
- 40 hours/week
- 9 month internship with a possibilty for an maximum extension up to 12 months
Please include your CV and cover letter addressing your fit and your experience in launching entrepreneurial ventures, commitment and ethical fiber. We would like you to include a paragraph on why you think you will be able to creatively master the challenge outlined above and how you would like to contribute to the work of Ashoka more generally.
You will be redirected to jobvite to finalise the application process.