Junior DevOps/Build Engineer
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1800 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
We are currently seeking for a motivated Junior Build Engineer to be part of Ubisoft Bucharest Development Team.
You will work on cutting-edge engine technology, building and supporting development infrastructure to create exciting game experiences and features. You will be a part of a collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways.
• General understanding of build and deployment concepts;
• Experience with at least one scripting language (eg. PowerShell, Python, Groovy, Shell, Batch scripting);
• General knowledge of monitoring tools and their purpose;
• Basic knowledge of Windows environment (eg. registries, file system, networking);
• Basic knowledge of database management systems (eg. MySQL);
• Passion for games;
• Autonomous and proactive attitude;
• Problem-solving skills;
• Fast learner, willing to gain new skills.
Nice to have:
• Previous experience with a source control system (Perforce, Git) is a plus.
Build System and Build Farm:
• Work with a team of specialists, create and maintain automated processes;
• Work in close collaboration with different Ubisoft teams (QC, Development, Art) and studios to optimize the build and deployment pipeline;
• Monitor Build System for failures and errors;
• Continually maintain and improve automation scripts and tools for the project and support users of the build systems;
• Administers hardware and software resources for the build farm;
• Provide support for the production tools and automation pipeline;
• Document and update build creation, management and deployment processes;
• Provide support for the team;
• Administration of users, groups, permissions, file types and general instance configuration;
• Branch management / integration.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- If you're into sport we've got a great gym right into our studio;
- We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way. To get started we'll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like;
- If you get hungry you can use your meal tickets at our local cafeteria or even grab some of the fresh fruits that are available in the office each week;
- Since we value health you'll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months;
- If somehow you feel under the weather you can quickly go to our in studio doctor.