Senior C/C++ SW Developer for BMW Infotainment System - SDARS team
Position Summary: Senior SW Developer for BMW Infotainment projects.
The SW Engineer will be part of a team responsible for developing the Entertainment System software for a high end, embedded automotive infotainment system.
- Implementation, documentation, troubleshooting and bug fixing of sub-components in the area of embedded software in C/C++
- Development of the test software, commissioning and testing of the subcomponents within the overall software
- System-/performance analysis and performance optimizations
- Review Software specifications, Architecture and Design documents for the system
- Participate in the development of software components (C++/Linux)
- Resolve inconsistencies in case of unclear technical requirements in the specification by direct communication with the customer
- Make functional testing of developed source code, participate in code review sessions
- Act according the standards of the automotive industry and in-car applications and software development processes
- Bug fixing and maintenance tasks for the Software Components delivered.
- University degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or appropriate graduation)
- Experience with message-based, multi-process, multi-threaded software design and implementation
- 3+ years of experience in Embedded Software-development with C++
- Knowledge of Linux based systems
- Analytical skills and good system understanding in the embedded SW area
- Autonomous and systematic way of working
- Good English skills in spoken and written, German welcome
Nice to have Qualifications:
- Automotive experience
- Qt framework knowledge
- Experience with infotainment / entertainment systems.
- Unified Modeling Language Knowledge
- Knowledge in agile software development methods (SCRUM)
- Willingness to travel (0-20% of time) depending on the project necessities
What we offer:
- An international team working with the world's largest automotive manufacturers
- Access to Harman University for extensive technical trainings
- Employee discounts on our HARMAN products (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon)
- Meal tickets
- Flexible working hours
- Medical subscription
- State of the art new office easily accessible by city transportation
- Fitness discounts
- and much more...