ATAC L3 SENIOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER- CORE ROUTING FOR T- /M- /MX-/PTX SERIES
Luxoft is a global IT service provider with more than 12800 expert skilled software engineers onboard that create high-end business solutions for the world’s largest brands. Luxoft’s global client base consists primarily of large multinational corporations. We serve over 150 clients from our delivery centers in North America, Mexico, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, and South Africa. Luxoft is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:LXFT). With deep domain expertise in the finance, technology, automotive, telecom, travel & aviation and energy, the company consistently goes beyond its clients’ expectations by bringing together technology, talent, innovation, and the highest quality standards. Luxoft key facts:
• Strong experience supporting enterprise and/or service-provider IP networks.
• Experience with Juniper M-, T-, MX- or PTX-Series preferred
• Very strong understanding and hands-on experience working and troubleshooting around Routing technologies, with strong transferable skills in other networking disciplines.
• Very strong TCP/IP knowledge.
• Strong Routing Protocol Knowledge (OSPF, BGP) skills required. Experience with IS-IS, MPLS, Multicast and various WAN protocols.
• Strong working knowledge in both Unix/Linux and Windows
• Strong Understanding of High Availability concepts (HSRP, VRRP)
• Working Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Python) and concepts is a plus
• Working Knowledge of Load Balancing concepts
• Knowledge of Security Technologies (Firewall, L2 and L3 VPN technologies)
• The ideal candidate will be able to analyze sniffer traces and be able to resolve various routing issues.
• Excellent Communications and Interpersonal Skills required, with a passion for the Internet, its growth, and related new technologies.
• Ability to learn and integrate new technologies in a fast-paced environment
• Requires B.S. in electrical engineering or computer science.
• Professional or Expert certification level is a plus (JNCIP, JNCIE, CCNP or CCIE)
• Troubleshoot complicated hardware and software issues, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab.
• Provide Tier 3 Support for VARs, Distributors, service providers, enterprise customers, and end users via telephone, e-mail, and web.
• Provide technical expertise and guidance during testing, deployment and operational phases of networks.
• Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between customers, escalation, and engineering.
• Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of issues and for problem reproduction and escalation.
• Document and reproduce customer related networking problems, and if necessary coordinate fixes by engineering department.
• Develop technical specialties and prepare technology white papers on these areas.
• Write technical notes, application notes, case studies, knowledge base entries, and solutions for the Technical Assistance Center website.
• Help improve processes and tools.
• Participate in cross functional tasks such as new product development projects, support readiness teams, KB and other documentation activities.
• Provide on-site support for customers when needed (although this would be a small percentage of time)
The position is part of our Juniper Technical Assistance Centre (JTAC). The Technical Support Engineer will support Routing products, working directly with our customers and partners. The Technical Support Engineer will work with highly knowledgeable group of customers and act as an escalation point for other TAC groups within the organization