Provides an independent appraisal of the company's financial, operational and control activities to company Audit Committee and Executive Council. Reviews and reports on the adequacy of internal controls, the accuracy of transactions, effective and efficient use of company assets, and the level of compliance with company policies and procedures, government laws and regulations. Reviews and provides recommendations for improving compliance of key internal processes with predefined standards. Provides assertion on mitigated risk (Financial, Operational, Reputational, Statutory and Strategic) for the organization(s) audited. Reviews with company management on mitigating inherent risks and assessing residual risk.
- Audits complex business processes and performs ad- hoc internal audits.
- Identifies inherent and residual risks and conducts risk-based audits.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the function to be audited, summarizes findings and identifies improvements.
- Supervises assigned audit activities.
- Manages and supports accounting and/or operational audits from start to finish.
- Conducts complex research and data analysis for various audit projects.
- Stays abreast of leading practices in auditing procedures, accounting regulations, governmental regulations, and internal control procedures.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience; CPA or equivalent highly desirable
- Typically 4+ years of related experience in finance, accounting or audit.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Systematic understanding of internal audit policies and operating principles.
- Intermediate understanding of core company businesses and the revenue cycle.
- Intermediate risk assessment and scoping skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Solid financial and business acumen.
- Demonstrated project management skills such as planning, execution, and implementation.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.