Research Scientist Intern - Amazon Development Center Romania
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Jobs from top companies in Romania active
View all jobs Research Scientist Intern - Amazon Development Center Romania active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internship active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Amazon Development Center Romania is seeking a passionate Research Scientist intern with strong analytical, technical and communication skills to address increasingly complex business questions within the CloudTune group. We process big data sets of hardware performance metrics in order to identify and understand hardware scaling behavior of Amazon websites. CloudTune group develops a range of algorithms and models that help software products manage the operations efficiency and availability of our highly distributed website implementation that serve 10s of billions of customer requests per day through Amazon retail websites, Kindle, Amazon instant video, Amazon subsidiaries and more.
As an intern, you will be part of a group of research and applied scientists that will collaborate with software teams in Seattle, Dublin and Iasi, Romania. You will work under the direct coaching of a dedicated mentor on common statistics and time series statistics and will have support from the engineering team on surfacing the data you need.
We are looking for talented graduate students who can independently mine and analyze data, and use any necessary programming, machine learning and statistical analysis software to do so. You must thrive in fast-paced environments which encourage collaborative and creative problem solving, measure and estimate risks, constructively critique peer research, and align research focuses with the Amazon’s strategic needs.
- Strong problem solving ability
- Knowledge of predictive modeling, hypothesis testing, regression techniques
- Programming: Exposure to programming languages and tools such as Python, SQL, C++, Java, Matlab, SAS or R.
- Basic software development skills
- Strong communication and data presentation skills
- Ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
- Ability to distill problem definitions, models, and constraints from informal business requirements
- Probability and statistics: probability, expectation and conditional expectation, common statistics, time series statistics, exploratory data analysis, linear regression, hypothesis testing.
- Enrolled in a master or PhD degree