Software Development Engineer Intern - Marketing Infrastructure and Tools
The Marketing Infrastructure and Tools team enables Amazon's creative marketing development teams to unify their workflows with the use of automation and connected software solutions. Our team supports a vast number of businesses, categories, and products across all global Amazon web sites. Our work has a direct and significant impact on the user experience of millions of Amazon customers around the globe, in addition to many business critical internal operations. We are part of the Worldwide Marketing organization who owns a portfolio of customer-facing features and internal tools that are used to elevate Amazon’s shopping experience at scale.
The tools we will develop are web based and are backed by services that automate, interconnect and improve the productivity of Amazon internal users. Our mission is to enable our users to focus all of their efforts just on creating top of the line marketing or creative content.
As a Software Development Intern, you’ll gain valuable experience by being active part in your own project conception, implementation, all the way to real-life deployment. The projects you'll be working on will have a front-end component, and will not only delight thousands of customers, but provide a major productivity boost. You'll be guided by our engineers, have opportunity to ask lots of questions, make career contacts, and get paid doing it.
- Object-oriented design and coding skills (Java, Ruby and/or C++);
- Expertise with data structures, algorithms, relational and/or non-relational databases;
- Knowledge of Networking protocols;
- Basic understanding of software architecture and design issues;
- Good written and spoken English.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud computing platform.
- Experience with client side libraries like JQuery or AngularJS.