Interior Designer – Internship
The Workplace Design team’s mission is to help win profitable business in EMEA illustrating how our solutions fit the customers’ space by:
- Early, insight-led support, translating client needs and Steelcase insights into solutions and applications that help them create better workplaces and a more engaged workforce
- Creates deliverables that differentiate us from our competitors and set new standards seen as the benchmark of our industry
- Create space plans, design layouts, elevations, working details, and 3D representations
- for presentations, by creating 2D & 3D plans, technical drawings, applications (based on the framework of products, collection of products, settings, zones & floor plans), represented in bird’s eye views, room perspectives and concept designs, created in pCon planner Pro.
- Maintain up-to-date sketch, drawings, applications, presentation & project files
- Assist the interior designers as required with planning, applications and concepts, contributing to winning client presentations, RFPs (including cross-regional & global tenders).
- Support the designers for assigned projects (Workplace designer will be responsible toscope the design deliverables for each opportunity & gain alignment on delivery dates,which need to be met 100% of the time). Partner with dealers & influencers, on projects supported
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of company products, services, culture
- Design or Architecture Degree or last years of study
- Work experience in office space planning, space management, support of major projects a strong plus
- Minimum of 6 months of design experience in interior design, industrial design or CAD environment.
- Software knowledge: Any CAD software(AutoCAD, ArhiCAD etc), Photoshop required; in addition 3Ds Max/ SketchUp / PCon Planner Pro a strong plus
- Ability to grasp the business aspects of Steelcase, in terms of approach and product specifications
- Fast learner and team player
- Ability to manage projects and complete them effectively & efficiently
- Excellent command of English & French skills
- Great communication skills (verbal & written)
- Collaborative work style, comfortable working in a Globally Integrated Enterprise