Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Work in a team or independently for integration, commissioning of services, configurations implementation and technical support for Nokia and sometimes third-party solutions for IP/MPLS networks and IP solutions (like BNG, Video, SeGW, WLAN, IPSEC, MSE, MBH, DPI). This job includes design, integration, problems resolution, software updates, new product introduction (demo/trials) and technical customer support. Will be part of the IP Routing team, will be receiving assignments to perform activities for all our customers, mainly in Europe but also in Middle East and Africa.
The activities can be performed, by case either remote or local, at customer premises.
- Performs software testing on customer networks to ensure the integrated solution works.
- Perform network updates / upgrades according to related project plans at customer premises.
- Plans and perform testing of new software in lab environment followed by controlled introduction into customer live network
- Works with customers, architects, solutions to perform detailed design and integration of all parts of the solution, multivendor equipment and the related IP services.
- Has deep knowledge and usage of IP protocols and features, such as: ISIS/OSPF, BGP, LDPRSVP/TE, L2/L3 VPN, QoS, IPv6, BNG/ESM)
- Develops customized test list documents and Method of Procedures
- Applies standard design, development and testing processes in customer environment - Performs on site pre-acceptance and acceptance testing of the delivered product or solution.
- Designs & integrates the solution (blueprint or customer specific) into the network and IP systems in line with the specifications: provides the network and elements with IP addresses, routing protocols, signaling parameters, QoS, etc. Performs solution integration tests and maintains the integration and the consistency of the solution over the whole project cycle. For this, it develops test strategy, designs test case, executes test plans, writes fault reports on the basis of trouble shooting and reports results into the project.
- Executes a test strategy, test architecture, integration test plan, migration test plan, up to customer acceptance
- Maintain and improve interfaces with technical personnel from other Nokia multi-regional groups and organizations involved in process (Project Manager, Maintenance Service Managers, Regional Technical Support, Technical Expertise Center, Welcome Center, etc.)
- Participate in technical meetings and conference calls related with responsibilities.
- Investigate, isolate and drive problems reported by customer to a closure. This requires strong negotiation skills, an IP/MPLS network engineer troubleshoot background accompanied with high experience level of IP technology
This position provides a unique membership of a highly skilled IP community of Nokia and provides an excellent opportunity of career development.
- Theoretical and practical (testing, troubleshooting) knowledge of the IP/MPLS networks.
- 3 years (or more) experience in IP area;
- Cisco and/or Juniper or ALU/Nokia certificate (CCIE/JNCIE/SRA) or equivalent proven experience is strongly desirable;
- Linux/Unix good skills and experience;
- Good Knowledge of Routing and IP/MPLS Network Protocols (ISIS/OSPF, BGP, LDP, RSVP/TEMCAST, QoS);
- Knowledge of hypervisors, like KVM, VMware;
- Experience / knowledge in Packet Core (ePC – Evolved Packet Core) and virtualization, SDN, Cloud is a plus;
- Knowledge and experience in using various test and measurement equipment, like Spirent, IXIA;
- Ability and willingness to learn by himself, effectively and quickly;
- Customer orientation, good verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Strong team-player, flexible, easy trainee, capable of self-studying;
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to work independently;
- A flexible, positive and creative attitude to change;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Languages: English – excellent, spoken and written;
- Other languages (French, Spanish, Italian, German) is a plus;
- Be ready for business trips in Europe and the rest of the world, on a punctual basis or regularly, on a short term assignment or even a longer period.