Big Data Developer
Kepler-Rominfo is a leading Romanian company with multinational presence, providing IT services and solutions to both local and international customers for more than 20 years. Covering a wide range of industries and business verticals and having +1000 completed projects for clients in over 30 countries, Kepler-Rominfo is a sought provider for nearshore and offshore software development, consultancy for top technologies.
As of the end of 2016, Kepler-Rominfo has become part of the Alten Group - the European leader in engineering and technology consulting.
We are proud to be here and we invite you to join us!.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND ROLE
If you are interested in working in a fast-paced environment, always experimenting with the latest tools and technologies, eager to apply your BigData skills to drive the business forward, then this is the job for you! We are currently looking for a developer to work on new project that uses Spark to extract the data from Cassandra, Elasticsearch or Swift, and then to aggregate, manipulate and present it accordingly to business requirements. Based on various metrology strategies, we try to get an optimized solution for our Spark Jobs.
The project is a management and monitoring software for fleets of SIMs, with millions of records to track, follow and interrogate. One of the things we are currently working on is to create the best data model in Cassandra and to implement very optimized Spark Jobs for them. Another module will be to get alarms on different criteria or to implement REST APIs needed by other services.
• Working experience on Java or Scala
• It would be nice to know Spark, Cassandra, Swift, Kafka or Elasticsearch
• Interest in Big Data technologies
• 1 year experience on Big Data frameworks and DBs
• Master’s degree in Computer Science;
• Passion for full stack development;
• Eagerness to learn new technologies;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Advanced in English;
• Banking experience is a plus.