Junior Application Technician
ORTEC is one of the largest providers of advanced planning and optimization software solutions and consulting services. Our solutions result in optimized fleet routing and dispatch, vehicle and pallet loading, workforce scheduling, delivery forecasting and network planning.
ORTEC has over 1.800 customers worldwide, 700 employees and several offices in Europe, North America, Asia and the Pacific Region. ORTEC Central and Eastern Europe serves the ORTEC customers in the CEE region and is headquartered in Bucharest, Romania.
• University degree or terminal year, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
• Good IT knowledge and passionate about software architecture and troubleshooting
• Basic knowledge in Windows Server, Networks, ADS, Domains, Terminal Server, VMs, Database servers, preferably MS SQL
• Fluent in English
• Good analytical skills
• Good communication skills (written and verbal) and client oriented
• Reliable , motivated and good humored
• Flexible, hands-on, independent
• Result and customer oriented
• Systems Administration/System Engineer experience is a plus
• Basic knowledge in scripting and/or programming (PowerShell, VBA, C#) is a plus.
You will have a good understanding of ORTEC solutions framework assisting project teams with technical issues, hardware specifications, network administration and set-up, virtual machines, performance issues, different investigations and route cause analysis.
You will support the implementation team with installations of our products at customers (via remote connection or onsite), pre- and post-installation checks, patching, database and configuration restores, documentation creation, maintenance of knowledge portal, solve network and hardware issues externally and internally.
You will achieve your results by being a reliable technical application specialist, motivated, well-organized Operations and Support
Responsible for ORTEC software installations
Prepare servers for ORTEC software installations (installation/validation of prerequisites, validation of hardware/OS configuration)
Collaborate with customers for establishing communication protocols, network configuration.
Perform hardware estimations in correlation with the customers’ specifications
Perform performance tests on the ORTEC environments
Configure environments for optimal performance
Monitor performance and take all the necessary measures for preventing issues on ongoing projects
Apply regular patches for ORTEC solutions
Prepare technical documentation for customer (installation, configuration) and internal use (handover to maintenance)
Ensure technical support for customer and implementation team throughout the project
Investigate technical and performance issues, escalate when needed and follow-up until the issues are solved.
Creates a good bounding and collaboration with the team
What we offer
• Challenging projects, large (international)customers, ideal for learning and implementing the latest technologies
• A dynamic environment with opportunities to fulfill your ambitions and to evolve initiatives
• Opportunities to work on your own development
• Cool working environment with different relaxation activities, flexible working schedule and nice social events
• A competitive salary package, which will grow with your career
• A nice, informal working atmosphere
What to expect
We help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 800 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland and Denmark.