Internship - Finance Analyst Operations - Determined Period
To support our global Operations Finance Team, we are looking for 2 Interns. The position supports our Operations Analysts in Cluj, and Controllers in EMEA and North Americas and is responsible for FP&A cost accounting, labor reporting and various other financial reporting and analysis activities related to our manufacturing operations. Other major responsibilities include analyzing, reconciling, and controlling inventory, cost of sales, product margins, and productivity using SAP, Microsoft Excel and BW.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree. Finance, Accounting or Business Administration would be a plus
• Strong Excel skills
• Fluency in English
• French would be a plus
• SAP experience would be a plus
• Ability to understand and communicate the big and global picture connected with reliability and validity thinking
• Ability to work in an international context and with transversal teams
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong capabilities to search information from multiple sources and synthesize them
• Ability to prioritize objectives and duties
• Ability to keep tight deadlines, work under pressure and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
• Superior team work capabilities across cultures, styles and functions
• Ability to effectively provide timely support via accuracy, agility and efficiency;
• Provide support to monthly and quarterly financial reporting, analysis and forecasting activities for cost of cogs sold in EMEA and North America
• Effectively collaborate with colleagues from related departments to clarify questions on missing data or data inconsistency
• Perform cost accounting activities and labor reporting for North America plants
• Analyze actual labor, material, and overhead cost against standard cost or budget.
• Perform ad hoc product or plant cost analysis to support operations management
• Assess requests for ad-hoc or non-standard reporting, develop and validate approach to fulfill this information need, and implement by extracting, organizing, analyzing, and reporting data in a manner that is useful and relevant for business decisions.
• Identify and support process improvement projects including identification of sources for errors or process inefficiencies, initiation of improvement projects, participation and/or leadership in these efforts;
Design the Future
At Steelcase, we believe the places where people work, really matter. Great places can inspire, accelerate innovation, enhance wellbeing and connect people to each other and to the purpose of their organization. By studying how people work and by bringing human insights to the places where they work, we help organizations to achieve a higher level of performance.
We’d like to invite you to begin a journey with us.
In 2011, we opened a new Business Center in one of the most vibrant cities in Romania – Cluj-Napoca. We provide a wide range of support services for Steelcase Innovation Centers, Manufacturing and Sales Organizations, supporting Europe and North America.
We’d like to invite you to become a member of our Steelcase team and work for a global leader in one of our inspiring spaces.