This job is no longer active!
View all jobs ORTEC Central & Eastern Europe active
View all jobs Mobile Developer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internet - eCommerce active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Our people make the difference and are our most valuable asset
We are a purpose driven company with ambitious, highly skilled people and an academic culture that we are proud of. We use our passion for mathematics to optimize organizations and, with every mathematical optimization and analytics solution we implement, we make the world a little better.
At ORTEC, you will be part of a unique organization and team! We will support you in finding your strengths and the best way to succeed within the company through a challenging, hands-on experience.
What we do
As a company that is driven by data and technology, we focus on improving the impact our solutions have on our customers’ business. Therefore, research and development is an important factor in our activity. We continuously strive to improve our product suite and services. We develop optimization and analytics solutions that are state-of-the-art and often pioneering. Our employees have vast experience in Operations Research and IT, which we combine with extensive knowledge of industry-specific business processes across almost every industry imaginable. What is our everyday goal? Finding better solutions in shorter times, providing our customers with a key to sustainable success in a challenging world. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive.
The ORTEC journey started in the early 1980s. A few young Dutch students wanted to show the world the value of mathematics to secure long term sustainable growth for organizations and society at large. 37 years later, ORTEC is the world’s leading supplier of mathematical optimization software and advanced analytics with around 1000 employees and offices in 13 countries around the globe. Over the years, we have optimized business processes at more than 2,000 leading companies, enabling us to make a significant contribution to a better world.
Join us in Optimizing the World! If you are looking to work in a fast-paced challenging environment, then we challenge you to take the step and join us at ORTEC to discover your optimum!
• 5 years’ experience in software development, out of which 2-3 years of proven work experience as a mobile developer
• Familiar with: C#, Microsoft SQL server, Web API 2, ASP.NET, XAMARIN, SQLITE
• The ability to coach and develop others
• Fluent in English
• University education in computer science, mathematics, cybernetics or similar studies
• Eager to learn
• Good communication skills
• International exposure
• Good humored, motivated and ambitious
You will get to do the following tasks:
• Design and build business applications for iOS and Android platforms for different personas (drivers/couriers, engineers, healthcare personnel, etc.)
• Design and build APIs to support applications, integrate them with existing systems
• Analyze requirements and propose functional and technical designs
• Contribute to UI/UX designs
• Provide effort estimation and split the work in packages and tasks
• Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
• Coach and share knowledge with colleagues
• Work in a Scrum Agile environment
• Work with cross-functional teams
• Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
What we offer
• Challenging projects, large (international)customers, ideal for learning and implementing the latest technologies
• A dynamic environment with opportunities to fulfill your ambitions and to evolve initiatives
• Opportunities to work on your own development
• Cool working environment with different relaxation activities, flexible working schedule and nice social events
• A competitive salary package, which will grow with your career
• A nice, informal working atmosphere
What to expect
We help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 800 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland and Denmark.