As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
A Machine Learning Scientist executes the mathematical modelling of our customers’ business problems, develops algorithms and applications to solve these problems, and helps our customers directly to understand and implement the results of the analysis. In this role, the Machine Learning Scientist works directly with industry experts and technology experts to translate our customers’ business needs into mathematical models and present and deliver a solution to the client. This position requires the ability to work and communicate as a part of a high performance team in an international environment.
Industry-specific experience in Retail, Consumer Products, Utilities, Finance, Banking, Automotive or Public Sector is a plus.
- Experience in developing software, in most of the following areas:
- Database servers: SAP HANA, Sybase ASE / ASA, ORACLE, MS SQL Server
- Database programming: SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
- Mathematical modelling: MatLab, SPSS, SAS, R
- Software architectures: WEB, n-tier, SOA
- Office (Excel, PowerPoint)Microsoft
- Several years of relevant industry experience (Retail, Consumer Products, Utilities, Finance, Banking, Automotive or Public Sector) are desired.
- Experience in working in project teams. Several projects full lifecycles desired.
- Familiar with Project Management methodologies and deliverables (PMI, Prince 2, Agile)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
In addition to a strong scientific and IT background, the position requires strong problem-solving and consulting capabilities with the ability to communicate effectively in an international team environment.
The ideal candidate covers a major part of the following expertise areas:
- University degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or Informatics
- Strong background in mathematics and statistics
- Strong background software development experience
- Experience in mathematical modelling and optimization
- Excellent understanding of statistical and technical methods to produce relevant insights out of huge amounts of data
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly new mathematical or technical methods with little guidance
- Willingness to participate in the sales process as a subject matter expert
- Ability to inspire confidence and work with all levels of client and internal staff
- Ability to deliver clear, concise presentations to non-scientific audiences
- High energy, clear goal orientation and strong work ethic; “can do” attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Native Romanian
- English at advanced level is a must, German is a plus
Customer facing skills:
- Ability to capture customer requirements and translate them into software specifications
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and precise manner; with non-technical audience
- Professional appearance and demeanour
- Presentation skills – ability to create professional presentations, handle proper setup of location, use technical/visual aid, have adequate body language and vocabulary, proactively engage with customer and handle questions