Technical Documentation Writer
ORTEC is one of the largest providers of advanced planning and optimization software solutions and consulting services. Our solutions result in optimized fleet routing and dispatch, vehicle and pallet loading, workforce scheduling, delivery forecasting and network planning.
ORTEC has over 1.800 customers worldwide, 700 employees and several offices in Europe, North America, Asia and the Pacific Region. ORTEC Central and Eastern Europe serves the ORTEC customers in the CEE region and is headquartered in Bucharest, Romania.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in English, Information Technology, Journalism or Communication preferred
- Experienced in technical writing
- Able to analyze and synthesize information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office
- Fluency in English is a must
- Attention to details, well organized
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Passion for technology and hands-on learner
In this role you will need to collect and communicate complex information in an user-friendly and effective manner, suitable to internal and external audiences.
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension
- Design, draft and maintain documentation for our software products, such as user manuals, various guides, help files, release notes etc., according to established templates and practices
- Meet with subject matter experts and interface across a multi-disciplinary team in order to ensure that specialized topics are appropriately addressed and discussed
- Ensure the publication and distribution of the created materials using the available channels
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage annually updates and revisions of the documentation
- Collaborate with translators as necessary to convert writing into a variety of languages
- Create, adapt, and follow project schedules and deadlines
- Provide effort estimation for assigned tasks
What we offer
A dynamic environment with opportunities to fulfill your ambitions and to evolve initiatives
Opportunities to work on your own development
Cool working environment with different relaxation activities, flexible working schedule and nice social events
A competitive salary package, which will grow with your career
What to expect
We help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars.
We offer challenging practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 800 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland and Denmark.