This job is no longer active!
View all jobs ORTEC Central & Eastern Europe active
View all jobs System Administrator active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
Our people make the difference and are our most valuable asset
We are a purpose driven company with ambitious, highly skilled people and an academic culture that we are proud of. We use our passion for mathematics to optimize organizations and, with every mathematical optimization and analytics solution we implement, we make the world a little better.
At ORTEC, you will be part of a unique organization and team! We will support you in finding your strengths and the best way to succeed within the company through a challenging, hands-on experience.
What we do
As a company that is driven by data and technology, we focus on improving the impact our solutions have on our customers’ business. Therefore, research and development is an important factor in our activity. We continuously strive to improve our product suite and services. We develop optimization and analytics solutions that are state-of-the-art and often pioneering. Our employees have vast experience in Operations Research and IT, which we combine with extensive knowledge of industry-specific business processes across almost every industry imaginable. What is our everyday goal? Finding better solutions in shorter times, providing our customers with a key to sustainable success in a challenging world. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive.
The ORTEC journey started in the early 1980s. A few young Dutch students wanted to show the world the value of mathematics to secure long term sustainable growth for organizations and society at large. 37 years later, ORTEC is the world’s leading supplier of mathematical optimization software and advanced analytics with around 1000 employees and offices in 13 countries around the globe. Over the years, we have optimized business processes at more than 2,000 leading companies, enabling us to make a significant contribution to a better world.
Join us in Optimizing the World! If you are looking to work in a fast-paced challenging environment, then we challenge you to take the step and join us at ORTEC to discover your optimum!
- Bachelor or master degree in a relevant discipline
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Availability for work in shifts schedule and on-call.
- Microsoft Windows administration environment (Active Directory, DNS, Proxy & -
- Reverse Proxy, MS SQL database)
- Administration and development of Virtual Environment (. Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Administration and monitoring of security solutions like antivirus (. Bitdefender, Kaspersky), Firewall (. Checkpoint, Watchguard), IPS solutions
- Good expertise with cloud environments (. MS Azure)
- Knowledge of switching/routing/VPN technologies
- A plus will be considered any previous experiences in the following areas:
Knowledge of monitoring tools (. Check-MK/Nagios)
Disaster Recovery (Active-Passive, Active-Active) architecture
Resource tuning of virtual environment (Hyper-V)
Windows PowerShell scripting, Json scripting
- Good written and verbal English skills
- Driver’s license – B category
- Good analytical mind, conceptually and solution-oriented thinking
- Able to troubleshoot quickly and carefully
- Carry out successful daily hosting operations
- Proactively monitor and manage incidents/malfunctions investigation for provided hosting services
- Responsible for handling technical cases using internal ticketing system and keep track of these issues during the whole resolution process
- Conducts root cause analyses for incidents and signals any improvement requirements
- Apply and maintain installation and configuration procedures
What we offer
• A pleasant, open, informal atmosphere
• Early responsibility
• Inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues
• Ample opportunities to develop yourself (internationally)
• Excellent pay and conditions
• Active employee association
What to expect
We help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 800 people in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Romania, Italy, Australia and Brazil.