AR Credit Officer (French or Portuguese speaker)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Goodyear Dunlop Tires Operations active
View all jobs AR Credit Officer (French or Portuguese speaker) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Accounting - Finance active on Hipo.ro
Founded in 1898, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 21 countries, and has one of the most recognizable brand names in the world. Its global headquarters is in Akron, Ohio, USA.
In Romania, Goodyear Dunlop is present since 1999 and it is represented by two different legal entities, Goodyear Dunlop Tires (Sales Office) and Goodyear Dunlop Tires Operations.
Goodyear Dunlop Tires Operations Romania is the Global Business Services Center of Goodyear Dunlop EMEA. The GBS Center in Bucharest started back in July 2011. The core mission of the Center has always been to provide internal customer satisfaction with the shared responsibility of delivery - Driving performance as ONE TEAM.
Education: Bachelor’s/College Degree in Accountancy
- 1 to 2 years’ experience as a Credit Officer in business to business collections environment
- SAP AR experience
- Account Reconciliation and Complex Customer Payment Allocation
- Stop Credit and Terms -Exposure Management
- Exposure to OTC /OTR Processes, Dunning and Debt Recovery Processes, Solvency and Risk
Knowledge & Skills:
- Accurate numeracy skills, Debt Analyst skills and understanding of Credit Management Lifecycle
- Good knowledge of Collateral and Security tools
- Intermediate computer literacy skills. Intermediate background in SAP and basic Excel skills a plus
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- English and French/Portuguese - verbal and written communication at a professional level
- Good problem solving and time management capabilities
- Strong Service Ethic
- Open minded to fast-paced and changing environment
Contribute to the attainment of the company's cash flow and Past Due targets by the timely, efficient and appropriate collection of trading debts owed across an assigned portfolio of customers of Goodyear, in a manner compliant with Goodyear policies and procedures and applicable regulatory requirements.
Undertake all activities reasonably required to ensure good customer service experience at each interaction and contribute to the payment of all trade debtors when they fall due or earliest practical time, together with any other activities as may be reasonable directed from time to time.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake all required day to day activities of an assigned portfolio of accounts to ensure Collection targets are reliably and consistently met. Day to day activities include responding to customer queries; inbound telephone calls; outbound telephone calls; problem resolution on behalf of customers; negotiation of extensions of time to pay where appropriate; account reconciliation; receipting and allocation of payments.
- Comply with the Goodyear Credit Policy, and all other applicable company policies and procedures in all respects
- Where delegated, exercise a decision-making capacity to place customers on, or remove them from, Stop Credit. Where delegation is exercised, justification for decision must be complete, appropriate and documented in accord with procedures. Where not delegated, any escalations should be complete, appropriate and contain a justified recommendation.
- Identify potential Bad and doubtful debts within customer portfolio or other potential operational risks or non-compliant activities and escalate in designated appropriate manner.